Tt brake linings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tt brake linings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:47 am:

I was looking at my TT brake shoes the old lining end appox 1/2" from the outside rivit holes my new linings are about 3'' longer
Now do i cut my linings to match or leave them long but the be no rivits at the one end
??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:54 am:

Bob I would cut them to fit and use all rivet holes. You may have to trial fit the shoes to the drums to get clearance. I use a stationary belt sander to taper then ends to help fit. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

Im going match what was there they worked but are old

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration