1915 T on Craigslist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1915 T on Craigslist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 05:53 am:

For those who live in the area, you may want to check out this auction. I don't know how to copy a website, but it's listed on Craigslist. It looks like a really nice 1915 Model T Touring car being auctioned at a multi estate auction this Saturday at Whalen Auction house, 8020 Manore Rd., Neapolis, OH at 10 a.m. It says there are T parts being auctioned as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:50 am:

Bill, all you have to do is "click/hold" on the website address to highlight it, then go up to "edit" and click "copy". Then open a new tab/window and go back to "edit" and click "copy" and the URL should pop right into the address bar. Then click "go" or hit enter and you should be good to go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:56 am:

I'll try to put in the auction website address showing a video of the car here. http://whalenauction.com/?az_feed_pos=www.auctionzip.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fauctionview .cgi%3Flid%3D2402588%26feed%3D129%26group%3D0%26state%3D%26kwd%3D%26zip%3D%26cat egory%3D0%26nojava%3D0
Hopefully this ridiculously long URL will get you there. If not, go to www.whalenauction.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:40 am:

Looks like a good running 1915, but has a water pump so may need a recore. I'd change that and the wheels, but I sure won't turn it down if somebody wants to give it to me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Looks like a nice car. It has the flaired splash shield so chances are it's a real '15. I would paint the wheels and remove the water pump and turn signals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Interesting comment Dave, I noticed the plaque on the dash number is 733xxx, making it a late March production...and yet this car has the "infamous" carriage bolt, of which everyone seems to equate with only a 1916 car! Just continues to prove my campaign point that not ALL '15s with "the bolt" are '16s in disguise! I too happen to own a '15 with the bolt that is as correct as they come, verified by the venerable Joe Bell!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 08:41 am:

I believe that Hap's research has found that presence of "the bolt" varied with the different body makers, not just a time line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 09:25 am:

I'd also remove the extra "rung" it has under the running board. But that's just me.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Mike, very true, but unfortunately it seems the majority jump right in with their diagnosis based on timeline only. Just sayin'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 08:59 am:

How in the world does the presence of a water pump generate cause for a re-core??? That is a new one on me. All three of my T's have had water pumps for 50 years and counting. Someone educate me on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 09:22 am:

The water pump doesn't cause the need for a recore. Its presence just suggests that the radiator wasn't doing its job. After the first few cars, the next fifteen million Model T's came from the factory without a pump because it wasn't needed. Sometimes folks add a water pump because the radiator doesn't radiate like it used to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Many T owners put water pumps on their cars regardless of what condition the radiator is in. They may just be overly cautious, do not understand how thermosyphon works, or because Grandpa told them they needed one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

The radiator's job then is not the same as it is now?? Pull your dirty unwashed T off the paved road and drive in the snow/sand/mud as they did then?? I think people added water pumps back in the day when these cars were worked because the cooling was marginal at best on the early cars!! Bud who has driven his T in deep sand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:42 am:

I attended that auction yesterday and personally inspected the car. The engine was the original 1915 engine and the car was all original, except for the water pump. It was restored in 1976, ran super nice and was a very nice driver quality car. The paint had some crazing and chips, but presented itself very nicely. The car brought 11K, which I felt was a very good value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:46 am:

Oh, and yes, I scored on a nice selection of very cool NOS parts and time period NOS accessories!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:23 am:

"all original" and "restored in 1976" are contradictions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Gary -- What he means is, "It was restored to original." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Now we're back to the meaning of terms. Does original mean only stock parts and features? Does it mean all all the parts presently on the car are the same ones that came from the factory with it? Does it mean no repair or restoration work has ever been done on the car? Are "original miles" better than reproduction miles because they just don't make miles like they used to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler in Branson, Mo. USA. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

OK, again I am going to put in my 2 cents here. I get so tired of some of you fellas arguing over these terms!!!
A properly restored car is the BEST that car will ever be!!! Bottom line. Restoration done properly cost a lot of money and time. Many of you all on the forum are doing some great works!
But remember those of you who DO have an original condition old unrestored car...
Rust never sleeps!!!!! Rust works from within too.
Wood will always ROT!
Unless kept in Arizona someplace or in a humidity controlled chamber.
Most cars that are called restored are NOT always a correct car.
I THINK THAT AN UNRESTORED car is GREAT! It is RARE!!! It is THE car that I WANT to get under and take lots of photos of. It is my education! I want and try very hard to get my restorations to that degree of completion... BUT... most of the old cars that I have found have been redone at some point in time. SOME of you guys here DO have original cars and you are BLESSED! But MOST of us do not have them. Never did. Ok maybe once or twice I have had a derelict that may have been original. Those cars are very rare, Most other cars were rebuilt in the 50's, 60's or today even later. Several were done in the 20's in order to get to town everyday. I cannot tell you how many people at meets tell me that their car is original. A close look tells me it is NOT. I do not argue with any of them. You will only cause hard feelings. I have also been WRONG on occasion. I am talking about T's here. Many of these are the ones that today thanks to you all's discussions are the rare birds that were the carry over parts and changes that you speak of from the manufacturers. Most T's fit the std models for the corresponding year of manufacture. I thank you for putting this information out there for everyone to correct their cars with.
And most of us do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

wHAT DID THE CAR SELL FOR ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

David - It sold for 11K, as Rick Rice said in his post above.

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration