Reverse Pedal Travel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Reverse Pedal Travel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Reverse in my T is not at all easy to engage. My feet re large, so I added the pedal extension. But I still I have push the pedal past and between the other two. I have seen T's go easily into reverse, but I have to work at it harder than I think I should. Should the reverse pedal be adjusted to engage higher off the floorboards than the others?

Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:30 am:

I also added the reverse pedal extension, it helps a lot.

I also have the rubber pads on all my pedals. I suppose you could put a pad on just the reverse pedal to add a small amount of extra height.

My reverse band is adjusted so that reverse is fully engaged before the pedal drops even with the other two pedals.

Hope this helps. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Mike, I always adjust the reverse band to where the pedal is tight when even with the other 2 pedals. Worn cams will affect this operation too. Also us big feet guys have to use the side of our foot for reverse sometimes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

With my size 14EEEEs I have had a lot of trouble with this issue. First, I wear my narrowest shoes when driving the T.

Second I adjust the pedal up tight. Once it is adjusted and the cover is screwed back on the trans, I start the motor and push the reverse pedal with my HAND and listen with my EARS. I can hear when the band contracts and when it is free. This is a check to make sure it is not too tight.

Even then I still have to press the pedal with the side of the foot. Reversing in low Ruckstell is a help getting full band engagement.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

Just the info I needed. Thanks, Guys!

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

I bent my go pedal a little to the left. The extra space helps my big feet to have room to push reverse.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration