3084-5 TR Transmission Pans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 3084-5 TR Transmission Pans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:14 am:

I have a question regarding the Transmission Pans, part no. 3084-5TR:

I wonder if any of you know when Highland Park decided to stop using them? Have any of you seen a Record of Change that addresses the end of their use? I do realise that even after the Home Plant stopped installing them that Branch Plants may have gone on a bit longer to use up their supply, or could have simply shifted them to Dealer Spare Parts.

My March 1914 car came to me mostly correct and not "messed up" too much. Although of the top and upholstery: Oy Vay! I have been noting the wrongs and correcting when I can (read that as: when I can afford to). It has it's original engine pans, but not the transmission pans.

This is not a critical issue for me, but I am curious. Thank you in advance for any input. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:51 am:

The transmission pans were not used after about summer of 1912. No chance they would be installed on a '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Good to know. Thank you Royce.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration