Old Photo - Brass Era, The Families New Ride

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era, The Families New Ride
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 11:35 am:

They didn't look very happy. The woman in the back seat looks totally bored. She reminds me of my mother when I had just restored a Model A Phaeton. I was so proud of it and I drove to her house and asked her if she wanted to ride in it. She said, "I did all the traveling I care to do in those old cars when they were new!" She wasn't at all excited about it, but she and my dad did ride in it many times.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

My parents had a similer reaction but they could see that the old cars meant something to me and went on many tours over the years.

They also contributed many stories of the old cars in their lives. In one of the stories, I found out that one of my uncles was the Hudson dealer in Bennington, Vermont. This story only came out after years of riding in my two 1920s Hudsons.

That particular uncle had done so many different things in his life to try to make ends meet that my mother had forgotten that particular chapter. Not only was my uncle Perry Bugby a Hudson dealer, he sold tractors and other farm implements and serviced them as well.

My mother's family had an old Ford which resided in the horse barn in the early 1930s but nobody could remember any details about it.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

I could think of three things that would make them not be smiling; funeral, the "BOY" is going off to collage or war.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration