Adults say the Darndest Things.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Adults say the Darndest Things.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

With apologies to Art Linkletter and Bill Cosby.
Folks always have something to say when we are out with are cars. "Does it run?" "Where do you get tires?" In parades "Get a horse." or "Throw a rod!!!" I have often thought I should write down some of the better ones but have forgotten many of them. I'll bet all of us have some and maybe worthy of a spot here on the Forum for them. If we have done this before, maybe a link to those.

Maybe my favorite was today when I pulled the Rusty Coupe in to get gas. A lady at another pump offered "Looks like your Baby needs a new Dress".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

I've gotten "Are you the original owner?" a couple of times from younger folks . . .

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

When pushing my T off Woodward Ave., after overheating during the Woodward Dream Cruise, someone yelled, "My grandpa used to push one just like that!". Still one of my favorites.

Another was during Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village. A doubled over guy who looked to be 90, said to his buddy, "I ruptured myself cranking one of those".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

Good one Paul. Keep 'em comin'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

and Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

From someone when I was refueling: Do you have to put any special additives in the gas?
at a cruise-in: (referring to the holes in the doors on my roadster) I bet it must be hard to find the door lock buttons for these!
and How come it has 3 pedals and no gas pedal?
all questions were asked seriously so that's how I answered them.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

I once drove my '26 Touring through the local burger joint during one of their weekly, Wednesday night cruise nights.

As I approached the driveway to exit onto the street, I stopped to let traffic pass. Some smart-arse took the opportunity to quip, "Hey dude, Knott's Berry Farm's that way".

So, I felt it appropriate to reply, "Better stand back, I'm gonna light 'em up"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

In a shopping parking lot ......Does it run?

No I had it air lifted here.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

There's a store I often drive past and every time I do, some guy yells, "Double clutch".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

In one local parade, several years ago, I was asked to take a celebrity. I don't remember who he was, but he had a flag with a snake on it and the words "Don't Tread on Me". I don't know what that flag means, but I suspect he was one of the "survivalists"

Anyway, as we drove the route of the parade, I heard many say, "Nice Car". But no one said anything about the man in the car or the flag.

I have also driven into gas stations and been asked, "What year is that? Is it a '46?" People these days don't even know what these cars are!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

At the first cruise-in of the year yesterday a guy asked
"when are you going to paint it?"
I always tell people "I'm going to start stripping it down tomorrow".

board-profile.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

While looking at a "T" a youngster asked his older Brother "Did they really drive those back in the Olden Days?"
"Yeah, back then that was all they could afford."

Then Dad came by and said. "Don't touch those cars. You'll get all greasy."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

At car shows people would look at ours and say there dad had one exactly like it except it was a Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

I was at an auction, they were trying to start a model T roadster with no luck. There were a number of folks yelling out suggestions on how to get it to run....when I overheard a little girl ask her mother "How far will it go when it is all wound up?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Might be that you have to be "old enough" to understand, but I believe the old "50's television show "Navy Log" which often featured submarines on their very popular program, had something to do with this one:

Years ago, while driving by two teen-aged kids that were walking down the sidewalk, they waved and gave me the traditional "blow the horn" signal. I immediately obliged with my old Ford's very traditional sounding aaaa-ooo-gah horn, at which time, the one of the kids hollered,...."dive,....dive"!

That happened over 50 years ago now, but it's one "reaction" that I received in response to my aaaa-ooo-gah horn that I've never forgotten!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

Dean's "exactly like that" has happened to me a few times. One fellow was sure the Speedster I build was his Grandfather's Yellow Peerless and he had pictures at home to prove it. I couldn't convince his otherwise.

I built a C-cab on my old racer chassis and put my racing No. 28 on the side in smaller figures. One fellow remembered as an old Bell Telephone truck. It's fun to tease peoples memories like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Some lady pulls up alongside my coupe at a light and yells, "Is that a hybrid?".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

I can out do Norman when somebody guessed 1946.
Stopped at a light in my '26 a couple of guys pulled up along side
They: What year is it?
Me: Take a guess
They: 1951

Did you buy it new?
Does it run on charcoal?
You have to machine all the parts for that don't you?
Are you a drug dealer?
Is that a Rolls Royce?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

We have heard folks enlightened with "All those old cars were made out of wood" "They used candles in the headlights" "they all ran on Steam back then" and "Henry Ford didn't even invent the car til 1908"

It is nice that people get excited enough to convey what they think they know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

Someone asked me two car shows ago if mine was a kit car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

My favorite "exactly like that" question is, "My Grandpa had one just like that. What is it?" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

This thread is FANTASTIC.

"That thing must be worth a fortune"

"How fast does it go?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Yea I like the "exactly like that" comments.

My favorite is when they say "Yea my friend had one exactly like yours. He had it all restored, new upholstery, bucket seats. He put a Chevy engine in it. Man that thing would go."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

My wife and I were in our Touring car in downtown Lincoln. When we were stopped at a light there was a young gal in the car in the next lane, she asked my wife; "Have you ever made out in the back seat?" The light changed before she could answer.... ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

"Can you still get tires for it?"

No. That's why I'm standing beside it instead of driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

I have one of my own I use when in the T. Whenever I see an other makes broken down car, I just holler, "Get a Ford". Most times it gets a good natured laugh.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

I have driven my T to a lot of places, including St. Louis to Dearborn (and back) in 2003 for the Ford Centennial and from St. Louis to Richmond and back for the Model T Centennial in 2008. I usually take it to a local car show here in Kirkwood that is perhaps a mile and a half from my house. I am often asked, "Did you drive it here?" My usual answer is, "I had to. It's too heavy to push." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

The "Have you ever made out in the back seat?" reminds me of a little elderly lady telling my wife about their rumble seat. Then she got very quiet and turned very red. My wife loved it.

Another one I like is the comment about a car that was just freshly restored: "Someone sure kept it nice all these years."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Re: Do you have to put any special additives in the gas?

At least that is a reasonable question.
That is a well discussed and argued question at every auto forum in existence........ :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

When I see a Model T with a speedometer I always like to ask, very seriously, why the front wheel drive is only on one wheel. Some folks realize I'm having a bit of fun with them, and some don't get it at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Want to race for pink slips?
(from a guy driving a Rousch Mustang)

I wonder who were the first people to screw in the the back seat?
(from a little petite blonde gal)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Craig. Don't get me started. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

I was driving a '27 coupe when a fellow pulled up beside me and asked what kind of car it was. I told him it was a Model T. He said he knew that but he wanted to know what make it was. I told him it's a Ford and he said Oh, OK, Thanks, and drove off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

The P/U in my profile pic is definitely a "Franken-T" that's had many of the "grandpa had one just like it"comments, but, the best one was the guy at one car show that took me aside, so no one could hear, and informed me that he was sure that my double red pinstripe under the beltrail was supposed to be one single one--not a double! I told him that was all I had on hand. Truthfully, looking at it from the side, you noticed the tops of the doors had been cut off. I ran the pinstripe all the way around under the beltrail and it catches people's eye enough that very few people notice the cut off doors. Even many of the T folks don't notice the doors--they're too busy pointing out the 25 front fenders, 26 rears, 26 bed and Model A wheels!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Here's one that I did, however it's the other way around.

The scene: I'm driving my 14 Touring, with wedding party in the back seat (my daughter & husband, her father-in-law in the front, by me. We were at a stoplight, in the left lane of a 4 lane street, alongside to our right, was a "used pickup" with 3 young lads inside, looking at us with all eyes. Just before the light changed I leaned over towards them and said, "pardon me sir, but would you have any Grey Poupon? They were laughing so hard that they couldn't drive off, and I promptly did. I'm sure that I made their day, and it sure was a hi-lite in ours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:06 am:

I have been asked about the front wheel drive several times. My T Hack has a bag of Kingsford charcoal on the running board and at a stop light a young lady once asked me if the car ran on charcoal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:34 am:

From Richard Eagle:Another one I like is the comment about a car that was just freshly restored: "Someone sure kept it nice all these years."

About 10 years ago a woman (about 55) got really mad because I wouldn't tell her how my car was kept so nice. She came out with 'the dirty little secret' and other snide remarks about people who won't tell what the secret is.
A couple of blocks later I pulled up along side of her as she was at a stop, I pointed to a body and paint shop and asked her if she knew what they do in there.
Then I asked her if she had ever heard of getting a car repainted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 01:02 am:

On our trip from Los Angeles to Indiana and back we had numerous comments in our Kamper, being a different body style added to the comments.

People loved to guess as to what type of body it was even though it has a makers tag on the side and 1915 Kamper over the rear number plate, along with a map of Australia we constantly were asked what is it an where were we from. One guy who asked where we were from and I pointed to the Australian map, just looked at me and said "where is that?"

Guess's as to the type of body were numerous, school bus, circus van, pie van, saleman's van, and the most popular Paddy Wagon. Even though there is a foot high 5 foot long open window on each side they still obviously thought prisoners couldn't escape.

In Iowa we stayed at a motel and in the morning I was checking the Kamper over when a guy comes up.
"Nice Paddy Wagon" he says I counter, its not a Paddy wagon its a Kamper. He walks off to his car and a few minutes later two other guys with him appear and ones says to him look at that old car.

To which he replies, "the guy thinks its a Kamper but its really a Paddy Wagon"

In Seaside Washington we pull up and a guy races over to tell us he used to own a Model T which he found in a barn and sold it for a great profit years ago. He asks where we have come from. No point saying Australia as they then ask how we drove it from there!!! So we say we are on holidays and have driven from Richmond Indiana.

His reply, how long did it take us to drive over the "Rockies in reverse?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 01:50 am:

Where's Australia? Most Americans couldn't find a map of the world on a globe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 02:05 am:

Just tell them you use Ruckstell reverse. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 05:06 am:

Not a comment on a car but about 20 years ago on a T tour we met a friend from our club who couldn't stop chuckling. She was dressed up in period clothes with a big hat covered in flowers. She explained that as she passed an old timer he asked "Is the dew still on your roses deary?"

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:57 am:

HAHAHA Steve! I laughed out loud at that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 09:03 am:

I was at a show with our '11 which has the original upholstery. A guy and son walk up to it and ask if the seats are original. I said yes and he looks at his son without missing a beat and says "Think about how many farts have been let on those seats" and walks away. Gee thanks.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:16 am:

I've been asked if the seats in my '13 touring are original, and my reply is, no they aren't, but they sure are well used! They've been in the car for over 50 years, and been on a lot of tours, and an open trailer wherever I go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Does it use gas?

No it runs on a pair of Di-Lithium crystals.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:24 am:

I often take the TT to a nearby fruit stand during the fruit season. There's a young woman who works there, maybe 20ish, who really likes the ol' truck. One day I stopped in, but I was driving a modern car. As I paid her she looked at me with sudden recognition and said, "You're the guy who has the truck you need to wind up!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:34 am:

To all who know where Australia is located and that the earth is the third planet from the sun, that is why I travel back roads and avoid experts.

You are here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:42 am:

I overheard my neighbor a few years ago tell his visiting daughter "I don't think it's real, just built from parts" KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Ned, that's one of the advantages of an open car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:49 am:

A few years back a friend of mine owned the Ruger Gun Company. He collected interesting brass cars and was a real car guy.

He decided to make a modern "classic" roadster and aptly named it "Ruger"

While driving on the toll way in Mass he came to a toll booth. The attendant asked what kind of car it was. My friend told him is was a Ruger. Then the attendant went into a long and involved story about the Ruger his grandfather had purchased back in the day and how he loved that car. The toll taker told him how he had ridden in the Ruger many times and how much fun it was.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

When I was a teenager a fellow named Woody ran a garage in the community where we lived. One day Woody was telling about making out in a model T. I mentioned the cramped quarters and he replied, "when I was young I was limber every place but one".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

John Aldrich says
"Want to race for pink slips?
(from a guy driving a Rousch Mustang)"

I got asked that one time. I replied "As long as I can choose the road!" (He backed off quick)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Wayne, a Corvette driver asked me that when I was driving a one-cylinder Cadillac. I gave him the same answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Is that called a Doctors coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

My favorite one happened years ago at Hershey. Moving down a row of early V8's a teenage boy grabbed the older fellow next to me and said Dad, come see this one, it's powered by a WWII German tank engine! Wondering how I could have missed that, I went with them and sure enough there on the head it said Offenhauser!

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Two boys from back in my Alabama days were watching me crank my T. One said " I told you it was a windup"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

My favorite question that has been asked several times (usually by a blond), "is it real".

I usually answer "no it's a figment of my imagination"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

At a cruise-in this evening, I overheard a dad telling his two young daughters while looking over my speedster "See, if you were rich, you could have had a hot-rod like this way back when".

At least he knew it was a "way back when" hot-rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Steven,
"Is it real?" is actually a very interesting question. Young people today are bombarded with "information" from a variety of sources. The first filter in their thinking should be, by necessity, "Is this real?" Quite a change from when our T's were new. Back then I think folks were more inclined to think, "I see it therefore it's real."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Just got back from a trip around town and a young man tells me " you know, they now sell new cars down that street"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

The most profound car story I ever was blessed to hear was from Mr. Moore,
and ancient old man who lived up our road when I was a kid. Born in 1883, he
was an adult the first time he saw an automobile. He related that it occurred
at night on a rural road, and this loud, sputtering contraption with bright lights
came his way. He said he retreated to darkness of a field to allow it to pass
and described how every hair on his body stood on end as it went by. He said
it was as if aliens from another planet had come from outer space and he was
both wide-eyed fascinated and terrified at the same time.

He later was in town and told that the mysterious noise machine was one of
those newfangled automobiles.

Mr. Moore would live to see 105 and his still pristine new-bought 66 Nova coupe
was still in the garage, ready for another run to town when he kicked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

A classic that we have all heard is "yeah my granddad had one of these model t's except his had a rumble seat"
These are really good, have made me laugh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

A guy at my airport has an old Buick in his hangar. Something from the late 30's. Ugly!! He keeps it because he got lucky for the first time in one like it. It has a big back seat. He is in his 80's so that was a long time ago.
I once got lucky in a Porsche 912 so anything is possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler in Branson, Mo. USA. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

I was at a meet in Bradenton, Fl. when a woman asked about the TURN signal levers. I told her that they did not have turn signals until in the 50's. The lever she was looking at was the cruise control. She looked at me like I was really teasing (storying) to her. I told her REALLY it is the cruise control! She had a hard time seeing that until I raised the hood to show her how it worked. LOL
Another time... This IS real! I had a fella tell me that his aunt had a similar car in her old garage when I was at a Mall show with my T. I asked more questions and YES it was real and he WAS right. I ended up buying that old Ford. It was a 1919. Or close. No title. Her husband had bought it years ago and was going to get it running some day. It was really in sad shape. He had died a few years earlier... BUT it WAS there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

A couple years ago I was stopped at a red light and a young man in a 90's car stopped next to me and finally looked in my direction and asked "what color is that thing?" I repplied it was "black". He turned away and then turned back again and asked "what color black"? I told him " Henry Ford black" and drove off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:19 am:

At a stoplight yesterday, the brand new car (still had the window sticker) One guy says to the other"Would you look at that, that 70 year old car is still running and I just drove this one off your lot and it's broken already!" then he looks at me "what make is that car?" Me "It's a model t ford" Him to the other guy in the car "I'm going to the ford dealer!"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration