Freighter Jim accolades!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Freighter Jim accolades!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

I have been in the hospital since Sunday so this is a little belated. Jim hauled my '12 Torpedo last week from Missouri to Texas and I can't express enough what a great experience it was. Jim's personality and love of old cars just makes you feel like your with an old friend. The service and care of the car was second to none. I highly recommend him if you need transportation. He is one of us!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

I'll second that, Jim hauled our 1909 from California to Indiana and also our 1955 Thunderbird also from California. He is an asset to the brotherhood of car guys and gals and he helps making dreams come true for us who can't get our prizes home. Thank you Jim, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

I'll third that! Jim did great job hauling a couple cars for me. He is real easy to work with and very careful. He is picking up two more at my house on Monday. I would recommend him for your needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Good to hear guys. It's refreshing to hear positive results concerning hobby services. Good to know Jim is "one of us" and an asset for old car enthusiasts. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

He quoted me a price of $1.50 per mile from CA to OH and said it was tough to find someone to haul from California. Just today I got a quote of less than half that price. I had no trouble finding truckers to haul out of this state. Not to upset the apple cart, but that was my experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Hi Richard, I got several quotes but none could give me an actual pickup time and a actual delivery time, also wouldn't say for sure an inclosed trailer would be used. Jim treats your car like it is his. I'm sure there others that are reputable out there, I'm saying Jim is one that I can say is reputable, he has been very good for us. My Dad always said you get what you pay for and I can't argue with success. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Every time I have tried to use Jim he is either scared of a snowflake or it's to far out of his way even if I were to pay extra. Just say'in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

I certainly understand your frustration if you weren't given dates and assurances the car would travel in an enclosed trailer, Steve.
I got my quote from a California based outfit that gives quotes instantly online if you designate the locations of pick up and delivery and state whether you require open or enclosed transport. Based on the level of service you require, you are given a window within which the car will be picked up. In my situation, this was not a problem. I followed up the quote with a telephone call because I was concerned about insurance. The attendant told me that if had the car shipped in an enclosed trailer, the car would be insured for full value. That is important to me because I am shipping a very valuable car.
This company I contacted is a broker and contracts with various truckers. The price was literally less than half of what Freighter Jim quoted me. Of course I will ask to see the truckers insurance policy and tender payment only after the car is delivered. To quote an old saying, "I may have been born at night, but not last night!" ;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Richard, I started this to express my appreciation for Jim's service my price was more than competitive and fortunately fit his route. I appreciate the fact that I dealt directly with him the hauler rather than a broker who makes a profit by subbing to the cheapest outfit they can find so he makes a profit. Hopefully you will have as positive experience as I had and can share with the rest of the forum. My '12 Torpedo may not be an overly expensive automobile but I'm glad I chose to deal with person who actually did the work. I too was born at night 61 years ago. I have spent many dollars trying to save pennies in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Malory,

I had no idea you were in the hospital - hope you are o.k.

Thank you for buying lunch !

Here are some images of the torpedo journey ... :-)

BTW - I do not charge $1.50 a mile & I am not afraid of snowflakes - I travel year round as safe driving conditions allow ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:45 am:

Why do people paint Model T's yellow? I bought a yellow one a few years back, a '13, and one day it will be the correct dark blue. In the meantime, I've been busy redoing much of the chassis, which was painted green!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Interesting to note ....

This was the second Model T Torpedo I was privileged to transport & it literally happened to be " back to back " ......

Here is a recent MTFCA Museum donation being delivered to Richmond - a 1911 Model T Torpedo ....

Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day Weekend .... :-)

Freighter JIm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:51 am:

YFGF, Larry :-)
(=Yellow Fords Goes Faster, I prefer black with red wheels myself, YMMV)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Larry,

I personally like the yellow 1912 Torpedo - it is a sporty color ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 11:00 am:

On my trailer right now ...

Original 1960 Buick Electra w/ 26,000 original miles in amazing unrestored original condition.

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration