O T What year is this Studebaker step plate? very early

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: O T What year is this Studebaker step plate? very early
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

I found this on a shelf in the shed today and wonder if anyone knows what model or year this Studebaker step plate is from, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:33 pm:

You do realize they made wagons and buggies before cars? I know a fellow who has a wagon,still has the data plate on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

I am thinking this is off 1904 buggy, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

Jack - You beat me to it! I was going to suggest that because John Studebaker built wagons and buggies for about 50 years before even considering building automobiles, that there might be a good reason that the step plate pictured looks like it was originally used on a horse drawn vehicle, and I'm sure it was! Talk about a great "wall-hanger", that's a real "keeper" Bob!

As an "aside", the book about the life of John Studebaker, who's career started with helping an old fellow build wheelbarrows for the California Gold Rush '49'ers is one of the most interesting books I've ever read!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Thank you its going on Studebaker - bay ,Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

This looks like it could be from a Stagecoach. These steps where between the front and rear axles just below the doors and were quite long.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration