Questions about wheels and tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Questions about wheels and tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:07 am:

I'm trying to order tires and tubes for my Boss' Speedster. He bought four wheels years ago, but 2 have Ford fellows, 1 has a "P" felloe, and 1 has an "H" felloe. They are all wooden spoked. The Fords are 25 1/8 O.D at the metal rim and 2 1/2 o.d. wide. The P and H are 24 1/4 o.d. on the rim and 2 3/4 o.d. wide. So, what size flaps, tubes and tires, who has the best deals and are the P and H ones Fords?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Daryl,

The outside diameter of the tires are all 30 inches. The smaller diameter rims which are wider take a 30x3.5 tire. The fronts are 30x3"

30-3-3 = 24 inch diameter wheel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Thanks for the info! We were going to order from Mac's, is there a better cheaper option?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Tires are expensive to ship. Check with Smith and Jones in Columbia SC. They are a lot closer to you. Shipping may be less and almost certainly quicker. Then of course, if you are very close to Columbia and needed/wanted to go for something else anyway.....

Also check Lang's, Snyders, Coker Tire, Universal Tire. Shop around. Make sure you consider TOTAL price, not just purchase price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Miles- North Carolina on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

Thanks! I'll check Smith and Jones. I can go pick them up

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration