1924?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1924?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Greetings,
Help verifying she is a 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:39 am:

Engine 9818010 comes up May 1, 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

Unequal door hinges and four rivet brake quadrant confirm that it is likely a '24. Most '25s had hinges that were equal length top and bottom, and had two rivet brake quadrants on the frame.
The big question is whether it has the high or low style cowl, hood, and radiator as well as the style of the front edge of the front fenders? Those separate '23 from '24.
Of course, sometimes parts did get changed over the years, and different assembly plants sometimes overlapped different parts.
Welcome to the affliction!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

You have the wrong nuts and bolts holding the rear wheel together. The should be carriage bolts with the head on the outside and single nut on the inside. After the nuts and bolts are in place the bolt is peened to keep the nut on. Uses a special nut that is thinner then what you buy in stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Couple more pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Thanks for the info.
This weekend starts front and rear axle rebuilds.
Diving in!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

Looks as if the passenger side air bag has been deployed.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

From the angle of the photos, I can't say for certain whether it is a high cowl or low cowl radiator etc. I think it is a high cowl, so '24. I can just see the fender's lower/inner lip which is also '24/'25.
Looks like maybe nice after-market headlamp lenses.
It looks like with just a bit of work that could be the perfect model T. Nice enough to be proud of, rough enough (older restoration) to not worry about little dings and scratches like setting a picnic basket on a fender while having fun! You can always touch them up with a spray can good black. That is my idea of the perfect model T.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

The little spring on the hand brake pawl is a home made remedy often used when the regular spring at the top of the lever gets weak. I have one like that on my '23 touring.

As you're new to this, here's something that may help: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Non-T horn?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration