Ranger Tire Paint

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ranger Tire Paint
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Anyone have any experience with Ranger brand Tire paint? I need to "paint" a wide wall stripe on a black tire (non T).
thanks,
Mike S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

Mike, I don't like to suggest much because I am not a chemist and can't tell you if my recommendation will harm the rubber in the tire or other things.....But having stated that, I had to use my spare for a benefit show and it was a black wall....I was desperate and looked around my garage and spotted a can of "ZINSSER brand BIN Shellac -Base-Interior and Spot Exterior Primer" an Ultimate Stain Blocker.... That is what is stated on the can which I had purchased at Home Depot a year earlier.... I brushed this on with two coats and it looked great.... the color was almost identical to the other three and still looks as good as when I used it four months ago... No peeling, discoloration or any complaints.... Brushed on easy and worked better than the paint I used one time that was made for tires.... BUT, if someone knows why this shouldn't be used please inform Mike to not use it.... I used it on my spare that was old anyway......Even my biggest critic "my wife" stated it looked good and no one noticed the difference at the benefit.....Or at least it was never brought up......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Mike I used it on a rear tire of my '12 because I got a rim cut and cannot find a replacement 30X3-1/2 whitewall to replace it. It took several coats to get it right and it looked good for about a year but then it started to crack and peel. I love the way the whitewall looks on the car but it was too much work with too little return. I took the other whitewall off on the same side and replaced them both with blackwall tires. I have 2 whitewall tires on one side and blackwalls on the other side. After three years either no one has noticed it or they were too polite to comment on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Well, I am not a chemist either. But several years ago, I started painting black tires black with whatever black paint I have handy just to cut down on UV exposure. It seems to reduce surface cracking, and no apparent ill effects so far. I have used about half rattle can black and half brush-on oil based black.
For whatever it is worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Mike! I really like Ranger Tire Paint. Here are some before and after pics. I also have a tire that was a blackwall that I taped off and turned into a whitewall!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 08:40 am:

Thanks so much for the opinions. I've got a can on order.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration