Bendix question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bendix question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:37 am:

Is this normal? All the books show bolt holes lined up. Time for a new one? It was in the car and working but removed for starter motor repair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Anyone? Pardon my ignorance but I don't want to put it back if it going to cause a problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Hi Russell,

No, that is not normal and ought to be replaced. I do understand that it was working, but you should get a new one. Good luck with your project. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:43 am:

That spring was made by a different manufacturer than what we are use to seeing today. It is not bent a half turn out of shape as it's winding are still evenly spaced. Operationally it would function well, to the rotating starter it makes no difference.
Having said the above I would replace it with a new unused one as a spring only has so many twists in it before it brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:48 am:

I would replace it,However I would also put that one under my seat in the box the new one came in... it will get you or a buddy home in a pinch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

The hand crank conveniently placed in the front can take all T's home when unnecessary extra parts like electric starters breaks ;-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration