Roadster Rear fender differences 17 - 25

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Roadster Rear fender differences 17 - 25
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Dannefer on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:48 am:

I am curious as to the differences in the rear fenders on the T roadsters & roadster pickups by year. Are they all all the same from 1917 - 1925?

I have been trying to search the posts for an answer to this but can't seem to find it. I apologize if they answer is in the forum but I can't seem to find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:14 am:

According to two vendor catalogs I checked, rear fenders from 1917 - 1925 for touring and roadster are the same. There isn't a separate listing for roadster pickup, so I'd think they're the same as roadster.

Of course, they're just catalogs of what's available new now, but also in Bruce McCalley's book on page 483 rear fenders for 1917-1925 touring and roadster are all listed as part number 8850 and 8851.

I hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Dannefer on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Yes that does help. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 07:06 am:

I converted my '25 roadster to a pick up. The only fender difference was the irons. PU irons thread into the box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Dannefer on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:29 am:

Thanks Bill,
I am going to make my dad's 24 into a pickup. He had a homemade body and bed on it. So I am in search of fenders and a roadster body.
It isn't going to be a show car just a driver. So a few dents aren't problem but I don't want rust holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Daryl,

I hope I am not too late to chime in on this topic as there is a difference in the '17-25 roadster and touring rear fenders. I have had to recently change the right rear fender on my '20 roadster,the metal broke where it attaches to the running board. So down the basement to the stash and pull out a right rear fender. As I attach it to the car I notice slight changes from the fender that came off. The fender I was installing has an embossed area around the bolt holes where it attaches to the running board and the eye bolt is installed with the nut facing the rear. This was different from the fender I took off as there was no embossed area and that the eye bolt nut faced forward. So back to the stash and pulled out another rear fender that was similar to what was removed. I mentioned this to another knowledgible T guy and he indicated that the rear fender with the embossed holes and eye bolt with the nut facing the rear is 1925 only. So attached below are two photos of the rear fender showing the embossed area and the inner bracket that would have the attached eye bolt facing the rear. Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl Dannefer on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Thanks George,

That is interesting to learn. I appreciate the photos that makes it much easier to understand.

Daryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

Don't the 24/25 rear fenders also kick out a little more after the running board? So the crown is wider over the wheels then the earlier ones. That may have come about when the wider 21 inch wheels were introduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

I believe the built in washers posted above is the only thing that makes them different for 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

Mark -- I think the closed cars did that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration