OT - A question that has puzzled man since the Dawn Of Time .... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - A question that has puzzled man since the Dawn Of Time .... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Not if it is a wood nymph who hears.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Eatonville,Wa on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Short answer,YES

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

It dosen't matter, if you say the sun is yellow and a woman hears you say it you are wrong! Just accept the consequences and move on!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

I've learned the best thing to do is to not speak. This approach sidesteps the whole issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

Funny thing I read the title on the thread list and I thought to myself the exact thing posted prior to opening it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

A man is only wrong if he is wrong! This is true whether or not a woman hears him. He is right when he is right, regardless whether a woman thinks him to be wrong!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

I've always wondered why women ask loaded questions, like "Does this dress make me look fat"? I'd never dawn a 'speedo' and ask my wife if my 42" waist made me look fat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

What gets me is women love to hint about something they want. It's not "Please take out the trash." It's "The trash is getting pretty full." Or "Are you cold? Not "Can you turn up the heat a bit?" Some hints are even more obscure and if you don't pick up on it they get mad and you are left to figure out "what now"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Terry has drifted into that twilight zone of questions that simply have no positive outcome. (Akin the the question: "have you quit beating your wife yet?") We know that once entrapped, we are screwed! The old tactic of asking another question, like: "why would you ask that?" or "huh?" are only momentary deflections.. a desperate attempt at stalling long enough to collect our thoughts, but in the end futile.

Why is it that the male mind is incapable of ever devising the perfect unanswerable question to fire back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Advice: If you know your right, don't ever attempt to prove it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

Married = Problem
Not Married = No Problem

Five years since my divorce and worth every penny. Now, I am always right.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Wife: "Do these jeans make me look fat?"
Me: "Does this hat make me look stupid?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler in Branson, Mo. USA. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Consider me a DUMMY when it came to women.
I know that you ALL remember this old adage that my father taught me when I was 17. I did not understand that then. It was so FUNNY... I thought!! But in reality... ???? I had no idea!!!
Now after 3 marriages (most did not like all of my time being spent on working on old cars during all of my free time back then). Yeah, I thought I took a lot of time with all of them.
The third one tolerated my old car hobby. We've made it almost 30 years now.
Back to the lesson my father taught me...
What he told me was that, "If you ever argue with your woman, You'll get NO piece (or is it peace?) at night."
Sort of dumb am I. It took 2 marriages to figure it out. I lost two families of children forever too.
But I still had my cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

Agree with everything she says then go ahead and do what you want to. Remember it is easier to get forgiveness than permission. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

I read somewhere,
Best way to fight a woman is with your hat........grab it and run!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:16 am:

What's a hat??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 07:43 am:

I agreed with Mark after my first marriage and never intended to do it again. Twelve years later I did it again, this time to a girl I had met when she was in her teens. She was a car nut then. We met again and the rest is a very enjoyable history. She talks me into buying cars, my original 13 touring, 41 business coupe and 53 Merc. hardtop. At a car show yesterday a guy told us of a T collection coming up for sale. I told him I was out of room and not interested. My wife said yes, we are interested, give us a call. My advice, go for a younger car crazy girl. Younger because they have experienced jerks their own age and appreciate someone who treats them right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dwayne Durand on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:11 am:

Wife: Do these pants make me look fat?

Me: Don't blame the pants.

Doctor: You're going to want to keep that iced until the swelling goes down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:15 am:

Some of the comments made me think of something my dad said; Never run after a woman or a street car, just wait a little while, and another will come along!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Wife looking in mirror "I look fat, my hair is awful. I'm haggard and horrible...please pay me compliment."

Husband "Your eyesight is still good!"

Doctors are confident he will walk again but will always have a limp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 09:24 am:

being married for the second time nearly 20 years now I have solved the reoccurring problem of miss communication between my wife and myself.

If she wants something done, or has a requirement of me, or states something about our business that I'm supposed to do something about, I require an email.

This ends "the I told you to", no you did not, why did you not do as I wanted issues. No email no response, plain and simple. If no email no response, saves a lot of miss communications and most importantly fewer arguments.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 09:45 am:

Does this phone make me sound fat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Making 48 years Tuesday neither of us has to speak as we both know in advance what the other is about to say!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:05 am:

When I told a friend that I was going to get married, he told me: "Don't, the screwing you get isn't worth the screwing you get."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Before we were married, the woman who would later become my wife would hold a flashlight at night while I worked on an old car. I knew that we would make a good couple. That was over 57 years ago and she still helps me.

One of my 4 sons took his, to be, wife to a car wrecking yard for their first date. They have been married 17 years and the only one of my sons who has been married only once.

You need to check them out in other ways than just how they look, to find a good one!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

Ken,
When I was 15 or 16 a friend of my grandfather told me many times exactly the same thing! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration