More flooding in Texas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: More flooding in Texas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

The Blanco river near San Marcos Texas was 27 foot higher than flood stage. THAT IS HIGH
George "SUNNY" House lives near that area. I think he is high and dry where his house and shop are????
About a week ago I had almost 4 inches of rain on the wet ground and it resulted in water over three bridges on the FM road near my farm. I could not drive far in any direction.
I hate to bitch about to much rain as we just finished four plus very dry years.
Every time I want to drive a T, there are more chances of rain predicted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

We're almost in the same boat here. Not flooding yet, but getting saturated. The gauge had another 3.75" in it this morning. Not much outside work getting done, but I guess I'd rather have this than the drought we just came through. Not only wet, but chilly too. I just laid fires for tonight in the kitchen stove and the living room fireplace. First time I've ever done that in May.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

Who ever is doing the rain dance, Please slow down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

Wasn't there a long drought in Texas last year? Ok, it's a huge state, maybe the drought was in another area?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

Send that dancer out to California. We are in real trouble. Towns may go dry as with many private wells. Then what do you do? Drill to where? Bone dry is gong to get us. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

According to the U.S. Drought Monitor, last year,at least half the state was in a severe drought. Now, only about a quarter of the state is even in a moderate drought. Lake Travis, a large lake west and north of Austin, supplying the city with much of its water has risen eight feet in just the last month, and its a LARGE lake. The scenes on Facebook show the damage, car dealerships with buildings and inventory under water; I 35 at San Marcos, Texas, the main artery between San Antonio and Austin without detouring miles out of the way, closed: bridges washed out; cars washed off roads floating down high current rivers that normally are peaceful rivers but now football fields wide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 02:09 pm:

Mud city here in northern Colorado too ...atleast it is cool enough that the snowmelt hasn't been a problem ...the water really rips when it comes down our narrow canyons ...in my area on the prairie the wheat is 1 foot tall and loving it ! better to be grateful for the rain I guess , here it will get hot and dry soon for the summer ...always an optimist ...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

I don't know which is worse? Way too little or way too much? We have had plenty of rain in my hills of Califunny this year to supply us, but not the rest of the state! Several small towns not too far from us have already run dry. My daughter's ex in their house hasn't had water in their community's system for a month (last I heard, we are not trying to keep in touch with him).
The biggest real problem with a lack of water in Califunny is mismanagement and lack of infrastructure investment over the past forty years. We had about 24 inches of rain in our area this past season (just over half of average for here). Half the state lets all their rainfall run straight into the ocean.
Flooding, however, does massive destruction. I hope you and all your friends and neighbors are doing alright.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

Correction: A friend of mine living in Austin, says Lake Travis has risen 7 feet in the last 24 hours, alone. Barton Creek Springs swimming pool which is normally fed by crystal clear spring water, is a muddy torrent of water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Lake Travis is up a total of 16 feet and is now 55 o/o full. Thanks for the concern Willie. My well is running over. It's rained every day the last 16 days. We couldn't get to church yesterday - water over the road. Me and wifey did sneak in a 14 mile ride in the "new" '26 roadster yesterday. I'm dismantling a '22 Fordson in the barn now. Rain is LOUD on the metal roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Johnson Helotes TX on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Medina Lake near us has come up 37 feet in the last week. From 9% to 37 %. Was only 3% a month ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Send it our way. Still in drought out here in Idaho and Eastern Oregon in Malheur County. Took the grandkids for a T ride on Saturday and Sunday, and didn't dodge any rain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I am on my way there now w/ a pair of T's from Kim in California ....

Perhaps I should trade in my truck & trailer for a river barge ?

Freighter Jim :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

A flood beats a drought. Lake Travis near Austin is still 40 feet low.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration