Newbie question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Newbie question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

I should know this but I don't .
As I turn the hand crank I get four different points where the coils in turn buzz. This takes two full revolutions of the crank to buzz all the coils, is this correct ?
Thank you,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

That's correct :-)
A four cycle engine takes two full revolutions until the same cylinder fires again. The cylinders should fire in this sequence: 1,2,4,3 (counted from the front of the engine) while the coils in the coil box fires 1-2-3-4. The coils fires when grounded by the timer. All timers needs some attention from time to time like cleaning (and most of them need oiling too)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration