Best adhesive for vinyl Roof Repair?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Best adhesive for vinyl Roof Repair?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

I have a Runabout that has some tears along the edges of the roof, and I am thinking of using adhesive and adding a backing layer of vinyl in spots rather than buying a whole new roof.

Can anyone recommend the best adhesive for a repair such as this?

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

Can you sew/stitch it ?? That what I'm planning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:20 am:

locktite vinyl plastic adhesive

That or GOOP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Barclay in west Michigan on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:00 am:

If you are putting vinyl on vinyl HH-66 is the best vinyl adhesive out there, you can find it on e-bay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:05 am:

There are companies out there that do vinyl seat repair for such things as restaurant booths, school buses, etc. I'm planning on checking with one of the local schools (like maybe the one I used to work for) and when they bring 'em in for their buses, I'll bring my car in too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 10:40 am:

The best way to sew up a tear is to use a baseball stitch. Use the same color thread as the top. I think if you need strength, then sewing as George suggested is your best bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Thanks for the tips!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

3 M 08080
Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration