Anbody post some interior pics of 15millionth T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Anbody post some interior pics of 15millionth T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 02:01 am:

Want to see inner door panel shots. Want to rehab mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:53 am:

George

Here are two:

This late '27 used the smooth pleat style upholstery, no buttons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 01:59 am:

Thanks Dan, got any close up of the door panels ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

This is the best scan I can do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:20 am:

Thanks again Dean, I'm trying to figure out if my older repops are missing anything and where they are tacked and type of tack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

George

Those panels seem pretty good repro.

What is missing is the metal escutcheon around the door lever, and on originals there is a 'c' shaped metal escutcheon on the cutout curved part over the latch catch. But most repo have that circle part cutaway already and sewn.

The 2nd photo you posted shows the fastener, that small 'head' of the door upholstery fastener. That is a flat head ring shank nail. The nail goes into a socket button that is placed in the holes around the inside perimeter the door metal panel.

But not all the way around. Therefore all Improved Open cars get a 'gap' at the top of the door cardboard near the lever. That is just the way the Ford is made.

It's the low cost auto right ? :-)

You can see the ring nail heads on the lower edge of the door cardboard.

Here are the ring nails and sockets:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 01:31 am:

Thanks again Dan, I was wonderin how those went in. On the 15 mil T it looks like it has more material around the edges. More nails too. I wanted to remove my panels recolor and flatten the curls more. Mine look like they were mounted a little on the low side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 02:13 am:

Note that the original nail retaining cups are brass or other metal cups, not plastic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:41 am:

Yeah I got got it. One of my concerns was I thought the panels should go under the lips (hangover) at the top, seemed logical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:42 am:

George

As for the original panels, they had welting around the edges. Repro use stitching. But I vaguely recall seeing the original '27 at Don Garlits museum, and seem to believe the cardboard door panels were 'embossed' for a fake welting look. Could be mistaken, have to visit there again and take some photos. Photos are better than memory :-)

Here are some close ups of original '26 touring rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 02:15 am:

I see the welting, 15th mil looks like it had welting too

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration