How tall is it

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How tall is it
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Looking at a 24 coupe how tall is one, wondering if it will go in my garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:56 am:

When the T,s were made the people were short and all the houses had tall ceilings. Now we have tall people and short buildings. Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

It is lower than your TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

My touring at it's highest point is 7 feet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David C Jahnke on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

From the August 1, 1920 Ford Service Bulletin,

Touring Height 7'
Runabout Height 6' 9"
Sedan Height 6' 9"
Coupe Height 6' 9"

I am not sure if the1924 coupe was still the same height as the 1920.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Brewer - NorCal on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

Mine measures 76". It has '26-'27 wire wheels, don't know if there is a height difference from wood wheels. My standard roll up garage door is 84".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

You only lose about 1/2 inch with 21 inch wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

Height can vary over two inches depending on condition of springs, shackles, and specific tire sizes and conditions. Most 30X3.5 tires are oversize and actually 31X4 size. An under-size 30X3.5 nearly bald can be almost two inches overall height difference from a new oversize tire (tire overall height divided by two for a car height difference of one inch for tires alone). Sagging or overly arched springs alone can make a full inch difference.
Additionally, some accessory shock absorbers can raise the car an inch.
So you may need to measure the specific car if it is a close fit.

All that said. My '24 coupe is also 76 inches tall with 30X3.5 oversize tires and no shock absorbers.
Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald L Babb - Tacoma, WA on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 12:02 am:

I went down to the basement garage and measured my late '23 coupe, an early '24, and it is around 76 to 77 inches tall. The car is all stock.

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 07:08 am:

Thanks my tt needed about 3 inches

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 10:10 am:

Put new 21" tires on the front, and 30X5's (20") on the rear of my Dad's '26 TT. Presented an overall height of 7'4" (88") at the rear of the cab. OH door height? (Better have the '8-footer'!)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration