Wally Szumowski

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wally Szumowski
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:20 am:

This morning, I got two emails from this guy sent at 4 and 5AM. Isn't this a guy in Model T circles? Seems I have heard his name before. I didn't open the emails for fear of it being hacked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Wally was one of the mag coil rebuilders. He's retired now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

Chances are his email has been hacked and it's a spammer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Yes I got one to, do not open it, Bob
I just talked to Wally so he knows now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

I think Wally sold his business and someone else has it. Is that right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

Wally and his wife did an outstanding job on mag coils. I am glad someone is continuing their work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

Bob Bergstadt called me yesterday and informed me that our e-mail has been hacked. Just got off the phone with AOL and hopefully got this corrected. They told us that four hackers were on our e-mail address. I would greatly appreciate it if you folks could keep me informed if this hacking continues. It's a shame that talent is wasted on creating problems for people that just want enjoy the use of the electronic age.
To up date all you hobbyist's Fran and I are still winding coils, Mark hopes to be up and running some time next month.
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that was caused by some talented idiot that cannot use their time in a more productive and constructive way.
Wally

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

Wally, often you or the listed sender may not have sent those e-mails anyway.

The newer hacker programs spoof the sender's address with another address from the same address book.

Sometimes, the only thing known for sure is the sender's address and all the receiver's addresses are located in someone's computer that knows all the people involved or listed with the receiver addresses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

James if it wasn't for you folks I would not have known about the hacking. We spent a lot of time with AOL cleaning this mess up. Hopefully it is a thing of the past, despite all the care we exercise we always had concerns regarding being hacked. We also know we replied to a few e-mails but have not heard back. If anyone still has any trepidations with our e-mail address they should feel free to give us a call at 773 586 4485.
Wally

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration