Top cover install

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Top cover install
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

26 Tudor, I have started the roof cover install, from Classtique, I installed the canvas lining material as per the instructions, next comes the top pad material. The instructions say to staple the pad to the (top side of the frame).
Does this mean the perimeter frame, and not the slats on top?
Do I take it that the pad should be floating? or should it be stapled to the wood slats along the top as well as the perimeter frame??
I understand the pad does not extend to the sides of the perimeter frame.

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

If you don't get your answer here, don't be shy about emailing or calling Classtique with your questions, they were very patient and helpful walking me through my first top install.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

The fordors didn't get any staples on slats. I think you'd end up with a lumpy top.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration