My new 26 coupe project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My new 26 coupe project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Hello everyone this will officially be my first post on this site and as of 1 hr ago I am now a member of the model t club of America.
I would just like to say hi and how great this site seems to be. I've watched people helping each other for a year now and finally joined
I've have a 22 touring car that runs great and just purchased a 26 coupe project that I'm worried May just be a parts car. It was CHEAP!!
I'll upload pics of the coupe when I figure it out and maybe ask a few questions

Thanks for any and all future help.
Hope someday I'll be the one answering the questions
Gregp26 coupe26 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Welcome to the club and the site! Looking forward to seeing more pictures. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Greg: Welcome to the disease, or what ever you call it?!
As a member for a bunch of years 20 or more and enjoy everything I read on here.
What do you mean a parts car, Model T's are parts cars. A few parts here and a few part there and look I have a a car ready for the road.
Just be careful as if you have one or two the could soon be more, kinda like Rabbits!
I started with a '19 touring and then it caused a Depot Hack to appear. I have enough parts for the beginning of a speedster. A frame, front and rear axle, complete motor transmission, with starter gen fan carb and timer, almost ready to install in frame and drive off.
Get the Model T Ford Service Manual, unless you already have one. They are the Bible of Model T's. I have about three copies, one at my desk here and two in the shop, so if I think of a problem I have a copy to fall back on. God luck and "Happy T'ing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

Welcome Greg ! From another newbie ! All the folks here have been great to me and are a true wealth of information and knowledge . Everyone on here has been super helpful anytime a new or old question arises !! Congrats on your 26 coupe ! I'm working on a 26 Tudor and a 26 roadster pick up , they do multiply , !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Welcome Greg. This is a good place for any questions you may have. You will usually get a lot of good answers to any question you may have. You may also get a few opinionated answers. That is just the way it is when a bunch of old opinionated men get together to discuss stuff. :-) :-) As to your car being a parts car. I know of cars built from little more than a grease spot on the floor. Please post some pics, we love pics of the projects. submitted with respect, Donnie Brown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the nice welcome
I will def post pics of the so called parts car.
I did buy a very nice amateur restored 26 chassis to put the coupe body on. The guy has had around 12 self restored cars and of the three he still owns I'd have to use amateur carefully. They are beautiful restos.
Thanks again and hope to talk soon
Greg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration