? re: Wheeler Shebler carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: ? re: Wheeler Shebler carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, May 25, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

I do not know if Stan will see this, but thought I might get a quicker response on the forum. I am ready to install my new carb on my Speedster, but I am unsure how to adjust it. As you can see in the photo there is a dial on the top that states less and more. I understand that one. To the left of the gas chamber is another dial for less and more. I am wondering what that dial is for? Does it have something to do with the jet?

Thank you for your assistance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 02:15 am:

The one in the middle of the main tube is the idle, the one next to the float bowl is high speed adjustment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Thank you for the information Stan. Where do you suggest I start? With the main tube open one full turn and the high speed open one full turn? I see the main tube dial also has a couple scratches in it suggesting I start with the scratch facing to the left???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:37 am:

I'd open the main jet adjustment two full turns and the idle a full turn, fire it up and go from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

After you get the idle set you can adjust the main by running the rpm to about the equivalent of 20 MPH (stock engine would be about 600-650 RPM). Turn the needle down till the motor starts to stumble then turn it back out till the motor is running smooth, then open one more click. If it seems to be stumbling at that RPM to start with, then skip closing it down and just open till running smooth and precede from there.
If the motor is running hot at idle, open the idle adjustment a click or two.
This should put you in the ball park till you test drive. If it seems to stumble under load(driving), open the main jet a click at a time till seem right.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration