Splitdorf Model K 4 Magneto?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Splitdorf Model K 4 Magneto?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 12:43 am:

I just picked up a Splitdorf Model K-4 Number 18 4 8 magneto. It's a 4 cylinder mag with a snap coupler release lever and a small on/off switch on the points cover. Anyone have any info or history on this unit? It looks like a high budget mag. Thanks, PK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 01:09 am:

Photo? I think I read somewhere the K4 was for motorbikes.
Splitdorf Dixie and Aero were more common in cars I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 01:16 am:

I'll get a photo tomorrow. I'm watching a show right now "Chasing Classic Cars" and they are showing a Henderson 4 cylinder motorcycle. You might be on to something Russell. Thanks, PK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:47 am:

Well here are the pictures of the mag. It's interesting as the points rotate and the cam lobe is stationary. Also the rear view shows a lever that releases the snap coupler. I've yet to find this model magneto in my internet searches. PK

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration