Aftermarket body Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Aftermarket body Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

Some pictures of my Aftermarket body model T have been posted before, but I have been asked for some.
I accidently bought the T because of an badly worded advertisement. The advertisement said the owner had a four passenger coupe. I tried to correct him and asked if it was a sedan. After he send me some photos of the car, I realized it was a rare aftermarket car. To make a long story short, I bought it before others knew what was being advertised. I tried to restore it without changing much of the original car. Running gear is 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

1920's Four passenger Abresch coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

As much as I prefer horseless carriage and brass era, that car is high on my list of absolute favorite model Ts of all time! (And has been on that list ever since I first saw a picture of it in the Vintage Ford how many years ago now?)
I wish more owners of non-speedster after-market bodied cars would drive them and show them off more.
I always get a kick out of seeing you coupe, Willie, thank you for posting it again.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

That is a very charming car. I thought it was a bit ugly the first time I saw one but this one has grown on me. I wish I could make my new coupe upholstery look like that. You are lucky to have it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Neat car. Just a note. I notice your turn signal controller is mounted with the lever pointing up. Seems awkward. I mounted mine on the right side opposite the horn button. Puts the lever under your right hand and is easy to operate from there. JM2CW.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Great car! Thanks for posting. I recall seeing it before, but a nice refresher. Enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

How comfortable is that front passenger seat on a long drive? Does it rock or is it pretty solid. Love the wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Dave, that front passenger seat is small for a full size person. I would not want to sit in it for a long trip.
Gary, I find the turn signal more visible in front of me as it does not have an auto off like the newer cars have. (less likely to leave on)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Willie -- I remember seeing your car at the Centennial. It caused quite a stir, and rightfully so. It really is a neat car, and you are fortunate to have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Mike, I think the Centennial was the first major tour I did with it.
Like I said in my opening post, if the original owner had worded his post a little different, many others would have bought the car before I had a chance to make my offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:56 am:

I always enjoy seeing this coupe. Thanks for reposting it!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration