My 26 Tudor Frame - Mouse Nests & crap in rear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My 26 Tudor Frame - Mouse Nests & crap in rear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Here is a photo of my car I am restoring when I purchased it. It is now broken down into parts. As you can see from the photo that it was not a rust bucket at all It was in pretty good shape overall. I have measured the frame from the drawings and suggestions from this post and I can't seem to find any appreciable sagging. Maybe 1/64th or 1/32 at them very most at the rear engine and transmission mount location. The frame is very square (off 1/4 inch)...not really bad but still off some. No sagging at the crossmembers. Is it worth pulling out the 1/4 inch. My guess is that the frame was that way right out of Henrys factory when it was manufactured. I'm afraid of screwing it up if I mess with it. What do you all think?

Also, the body in the inside rear under and behind the rear seat, was full of mouse nests, dirt and other foreign crap. Would it be advisable to pressure wash all that crap out and let it dry up real good before I put any rust inhibitor on it? Thanks for your help. Rand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

My '27 Tudor was in similar condition......right up to the crap top.......and the nest infested rear seat.
I vacuumed it several times and doused it and the seats with Febreze.
No trace of mouse....... :-O
As for the frame........in my opinion as long as it's that good don't monkey with it.

27Tudor

AFTER I installed an entire new top, wood and all and a decent visor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:27 am:

Nice Car. Did you purchase the wood kit or build it yourself? I'm also a woodworker so I could build all the wood myself. Rand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:45 am:

I bought the wood and top kits from Lang's........and thanks!
This was all Greek to me plus I HATE working with wood but I'm not a bottomless pit of money so I tackled it myself.
I was very pleased with how well the kit went together and even more pleased with myself with how well the top turned out........ :-)

That photo is before I painted the body
There is a photo of my two T's in my profile.

(Message edited by cahartley on May 27, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration