Nevada Iowa 1923-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Nevada Iowa 1923-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 07:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 07:27 am:

What a cool contrast of transportation...horseless carriage VS. horse & wagon. Suppose they were racing? LOL
Neat picture Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Be careful not to hit the "Traveling road apples" they are hard to clean from under the fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 08:13 am:

A little ditty from the Erie Canal days:
Hoggie on the towpath -
Five cents a day
Watchin' for the road apples -
Kick 'em out the way

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 08:44 am:

I doubt 1923. All the cars are earlier. Probably more like 1913 when the Lincoln Highway was new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 09:47 am:

It does appear to be earlier and the color of license plates seems to fit 1914. Is that a wide track?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Looks like a '14 roadster. I sure wish they would have left those old street lights in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

The postcard was canceled in 1923.
I guess it was laying around a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Ole Dobbin didn't just leave road apples.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

I agree with Steve. The pic looks around 10 years earlier than 1923.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration