8 volt battery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 8 volt battery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:20 am:

thinking of putting a 8 volt battery in my 21 hack to help with a tight motor what problems will I run into if any I run one in my model a with no problems

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:29 am:

just change the generator cutout to 8V and you should be fine.

Just a little harder on the bendix, but nothing like 12V would be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

I have had a few tight engines but have never seen a need for anything more then a 6V battery. If the motor is tight then you need to run/drive the car to get loosened up.
Same with the Model A, there are plenty of guys with high compression heads that use 6V.
In both cases sounds like a ground issue or the starter need attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

It'll loosen up quick enough. Just take it for a few short drives, letting it cool in between.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

I run 8 volt battery for years, good starting and never had any problems, never blown any light globes, still the 6v cut-out and amps read in the right range.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration