1911 Torpedo photo and description

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1911 Torpedo photo and description
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

This T is going to be in the Excelsior Concours of d'Elegance this Sunday in Excelsior, MN. This T is a great example of a correct 1911 Torpedo. I am concerned over the misleading first sentence in the description. I know the history of this T and the present owner is a good friend. I do not think he wrote the description, at least not the first line.
1911 Torpedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Ya, that's kinda dumb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

Nice car, some might say the color is too light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

I'm with Darel. I know Mark. Mark did not write this or if he did, it was edited and edited and edited again by somebody.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

As compared to a 1910 touring or even a roadster, the torpedo, indeed, is completely re-styled. However, I would have said something like, "...in addition to the familiar touring car and roadster, Ford offered this sporty Torpedo runabout..."

And yes, the "dark blue" is waaaaay to light.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

It's a very pretty car, but I agree that the color is way too light. If someone were to give it to me, I'd have to repaint it. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on May 27, 2015)

(Message edited by coupelet on May 27, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration