T Ford folk are great. Even downunder.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T Ford folk are great. Even downunder.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Yesterday I made a 3 hour trip to see a mate who's well into model T's.
While there I mentioned that although I knew many T people who knew him and that I'd spoken to him on the phone, and bantered with him via email and this forum, I had never met Peter Kable.
My friend said, "well, you're about to" and after a quick phone call, 3 of us landed on Peters doorstep and a couple of hours of T related banter then followed. One of them asked me where I was at with my Speedster project and I replied that it was progressing well but I was on the lookout for a good drive shaft housing. While the conversation continued and I was optically absorbing all that his Fronty Speedster could offer, Peter slipped away to the corner of his workshop and started burrowing around. A few minutes later he walked back over to us with a drive shaft housing in his hand.....a particularly good one too. Then to my surprise, he gave it to me and refused to accept payment for it. This is not typical behavior in this day and age, but I'm fast learning that it is within the Model T fraternity.
I'd like to say publicly, "Thank You Peter". Your generosity has helped me get over a tough (for me) part of my build and is very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

Rob:
not all that uncommon with old car people anywhere ...i have had occasion to ask for a "smile and thank you" as payment ...the experience stays with that person for a very long time and i believe that they are then prone to do the same for others ... always an optimist ...gene French (northern Colorado , USA)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 05:03 am:

Rob, you have been fortunate to meet and speak with Peter. He is a wealth of knowledge of Australian Model T, and Ford history in general.
I always admire his 3 lovely brass T's and the fact they are driven regularly and for long distances. We have met on a few occasions but I have never had the time to sit down and have lengthy chat about T's. One day perhaps but at least he is always available to help out with questions and for you, parts when required. If ever you are in Gippsland, Victoria, give me a call. There are plenty of good T guys around here and we can show you a good day out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 08:27 am:

Peter and his lovely wife Sally are great people. I had the pleasure of meeting them when they were on their way to the Centennial in '08. They were driving their Kampkar through this neck of the woods and spent one night at my house. I enjoyed their company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

If there is one thing I have learned over the years on this Model T forum is that the Model T folks are very special who go out of their way to help others and I have tried to follow their example and do the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 12:28 am:

I second Dennis's observation.

When we made our first trip to USA in 1989 to attend a sheep breeders' congress in Eugene, Oregon, I wanted to meet some T people too.

I wrote a circular letter, volunteering to show some photos and talk about Australian Ts to anybody who would listen! I sent 19 copies of the letter to MTFCA chapters in the 3 west coast states, and got 23 replies!!!!

Our son Anthony was hospitalised in Spokane for a week, and spent three weeks convalescing before we could travel home. We were taken in all that time by T folks we had only just met. Wonderful people, wonderful hospitality.

You bet T folks are the best people.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration