Mentor in Waco TX

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mentor in Waco TX
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

I have been working trying to get my wifeís T road worthy. It seems that every time I try and fix one thing, I screw up 2 more. Is there anyone in the Waco TX area that will be willing to mentor? I can rebuild a í65 Mustang from bumper to bumper, but when it comes to the T, I feel like I have never held a wrench. They guys in the Lone Stare Tís have been great, the issue is that they are 2 hours away. This is why I am looking for someone in or around Waco TX.
PM me for contact information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Dan is close to you in Clifton, TX ....

I am on my way now to him w/ a couple Model T's now ...

If you email/pm me - I will give you his number ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Steve, I am sure glad someone other than myself feels that way.... I have owned so many cars from the 50's to the 70's and always did all the work myself.... I purchased my first which was a 55 chevy when I was just 14 years old and even painted it myself.... My dad worked all the time and didn't work on cars so I depended on others to learn from.... But as I have stated before, this T kicks my butt.... As for replacing parts, motors, rear ends or front axles, most any parts I have no problem... it is the rebuilding that for some reason just doesen't register with me.... I still have a Ruckstell on my shop table with all new parts, bearings, gears, powder coated, everything needed but haven't finished the assembly yet..... very frustrating because I always have been able to rebuild most everything I have owned... and I hate to ask for help because it is probably so simple to assemble it will be embarrassing but it looks like if it gets finished I will need to suck it up...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:53 am:

Would like to help Steve but I'm 1 beer south of Austin and 5 beers south of Waco. Don't know any T guys there either. Bring your concerns and questions to this Forum. The collective brain trust will mentor you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Freighter Jim,
Dan and I finally were able to connect.
Thank you for going the extra mile with me.
(Guess in your line of work, you have a lot of extra miles.)
Dan is going to stop by on his next trip into Waco.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Steve,

Glad you two were able to talk ...

Dan is a great guy & know a lot of folks.

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration