OT Some ads are better than others.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Some ads are better than others.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:35 pm:

A friend sent this to me. Thought I'd share.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/uoABty_zE00?rel=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Thank You. I had to blink a few extra times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

What a great ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

GREAT ad . . thanks for posting it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Wow, what a neat ad. thanks Gary...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Neat add but the young fellow should have saluted first!! Bud who 50 years ago was spending his last summer in Germany.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

The power of images and music, blink. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 01:59 am:

That is just SO GOOD.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:26 am:

I agree, Nice ad. Today I could not even begin to put one leg in my old uniform. I guess the old uniform must have shrunk over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:39 am:

I was in advertising for about thirty years. _It was a trade full of trends, fads and change (mood rings, pet rocks, leisure suits, Pokémon trading cards, cabbage-patch dolls), but the one concept which never changed was that a good ad makes you feel something. _This one certainly makes you feel something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Call it PTSD, but all I see are dumbasses who will never understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:59 am:

The young guy was out of uniform by not having his hat on, and as said he should have saluted first

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 11:34 am:

I thought the message was well intended even if not perfectly portrayed. When I see someone making an effort to do something good, I tend to forgive their minor missteps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

I expected the young solder to salute first but it is still is a great video!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

I really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting it. It reminded me of my Dad and my Father-in-law both of whom served in WWII. Good memories.

And we have a lot to be thankful for. Those who have served and those who are serving -- thank you!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 09:49 am:

To Will Copeland,
The conductor of the large wind symphony of which my wife is a member had to have his Coast Guard Commander's uniform pants taken in to wear them for Boston's Memorial Day service! He has lost 25 lbs since his retirement from the 'Guard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

To me,the older gentleman saluted the younger one as a sign of respect for what he did and went through. At least that's what I would have done. [my uniform shrank by about 80 pounds] Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

David, That was my take when I first saw the ad. It being an ad, likely made by actors, it may never be known if the salutes were in the wrong order by mistake or intentional. I'd like to believe the intent was to emphasize that the young solder was too startled by the sight of the old soldier to remember to salute first. The missing hat, hey it was an ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

"To me,the older gentleman saluted the younger one as a sign of respect for what he did and went through."

That's my take on it too, Dave, and that's what makes it such a great ad.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration