26 Roaster top?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 Roaster top?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Has anyone set up the top so it can be remove from the car completely if you want? Like using snaps along the back? Thanks for any info. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

Sounds like a good idea. I think you might want to add a stiffener along the bottom to keep the back curtain tight what the top is up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

My 26 roadster has those twist locks along the back. I would include a pic but I can never get them to come out on this site. Anywhere else but not here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

I set up a couple of mine that way. I don't like to fold them down, but don't mind taking them off (which is a two man job).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

I am thinking that myself...I saw this of a Touring top recently that sold on eBay. Same idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

That is original to the earlier T's, James - the open cars had roll-up rear curtains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

Gotcha- I had a '14 that had that as well. I was just showing folks what Pat was asking about- and trying to help.

BTW- does anyone have a Murphy fastener tool to loan out? They are super pricey and I only need to use it for about 10 punches and hate to buy one...I'd be happy to rent one if possible? I'd pay shipping as well.

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Jim Chochole, I have one of these tools. I sent you a email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Thanks Jim, wrote you back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:35 am:

I used boat snaps. Maybe not as elegant as Common Sense fasteners, but I like the way they look and they work well. I have a black top on another of my T's and the two tops will swap from car to car.

Here is the same car with the black top.

top2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration