Anybody Remember Ed & Jim's Garage, Long Beach?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Anybody Remember Ed & Jim's Garage, Long Beach?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

I was going through the garage and found a Model T "Gas gauge" marked- Ed & Jim's Garage, Ford Model T Service and Parts. Precision Rebuilt Engines, Complete Service T Fords, 3714 East 4th St. GE 84955, Long Beach 14, Calif. Official Garage, Long Beach Model T Club Inc. Jim Ross, Owner. Judging by the Long Beach 14 and the phone number I would guess this is a little bit old. Anybody have any information on Ed & Jim's Garage? Who are Ed & Jim? When were they in business? etc...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 12:54 am:

Zip codes arrived in 1963, so it's 1962 or before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 01:05 am:

That address today:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 03:12 am:

Jim Ross was a Long Beach Model T Club member for many years and Ed and Jim's advertised in our Magneto News regularly. How about a rebuilt engine for $237.50! I believe those sticks were given out at the Long Beach Hill Climb.

Here is an ad from 1972.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Jim Ross put an oversize set of lifters in my 26 Touring in 1960 when I was getting started in the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:36 am:

I have 5-6 of those sticks that were given to me by an old friend of mine.

I use them as "pass-arounds" when I give a presentation at schools on Model T's and the early days of the Ford Motor Company.

I refer to them as as set of Model T gauges.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

From the 1970 Long Beach Shell Hill Climb program

Their car always ran good on the hill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

Whoops should have been the 1975 program

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 02:13 pm:

Wow! Thank you for all the replies and helping me to somewhat date the "stick". My dad was into Model T's and A's most of his life. I spent a lot of time going with him to all the San Diego and LA area antique car swap meets from the 60's thru the early 80's. I still miss him, but every time I go start my current wreck of a "T" I can see him with that sh*t eatin' grin smiling at me. Thank You.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration