No Shims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: No Shims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

A friend brought a 1914 Touring by the other day. He thought he had a rod knock. I ;told him that its an easy fix we will just pull out a shim. Someone had poured new babbit in the mains and rods. However when I went to start pulling shims not a single shim was in the rods, even though they had just been babbited. I could also not see a single shim in the mains. The caps had self LOCKING nuts, which was good but when they tightened up the caps apparently they could not turn the crank so they backed all the nuts off!!!!
This 14 touring has perhaps the best cosmetics I have ever seen. I told him that the car was worth having Gene French pour new rods and maybe even new mains.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration