Photo - On the Wings of History

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Photo - On the Wings of History
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niels Andersen on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

saved resource
When I saw this photo for sale on ebay, I could not resist buying it.

A label on the reverse side of the photo states: quote:
"Henry Ford Honoured on 75th Birthday Detroit Mich.:
Henry Ford is shown above with William Knudsen, President of General Motors, right, at dinner party given the automobile pioneer on his 75th birthday July 30, by 1300 citizens of Detroit." unquote.
Label dated 7-31-38.

I just wanted to share it with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Wow! Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

This is a really great picture. Henry looks very young here, much less than 75. He even has some color in his hair.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

That is a neat picture, Thanks for sharing it.
"He even has some color in his hair"-Keith...Well Keith, I wish I still had hair to have color in and I'm only 63!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Dennis, Ya, me too & I've been that way since I was 20. Go figure. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Very cool, a hint for you, if you see a nice picture on e bay, right click on mouse and save image. now you can print it out for free, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

When I was a kid a did a book report on Henry Ford. I read that he kept his comb in some sort of salt water solution. Apparently this helped his hair retain a steely gray color. Now you know!

Tom

I should add that when I was a kid, every book report was either on Henry Ford or Model Ts, especially speedsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Great picture, thanks, Niels. Btw, not all my hair is turning gray. Most of it is turning loose. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

GREAT PHOTO!!! Thanks for sharing here!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Robert,

If you're like me you have no gray hair whatsoever. I have black ones and I have white ones. The white ones are gaining while the black ones are loosing ground. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niels Andersen on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 04:54 am:

While employed by Henry Ford from 1911 to 1921, where he rose to the highest ranks, William Knudsen, according to sources, privately drove a white T Ford.
Does anyone have a photo of that car+owner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Me too Keith! My dad had great hair and even looked a little like Henry. He always drove Ford products too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:47 am:

I've seen that photo before on the internet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

As an optician, I love those Pince Nez.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration