Ralph Ricks Memorial Service on Saturday May 30th

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ralph Ricks Memorial Service on Saturday May 30th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

Just a reminder, RD's memorial service is tomorrow , Saturday May 30th..... Many friends will be there, others will be there in spirit.....obligations and/or travel restrictions.

I will be pausing at 11 AM to pay my respects to a good friend.... God Bless.

Bob Jablosnki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Copy from RD's son......

Dear Friends of my Father,

my dad passed away on May 5th at the Long Beach VA.
He was miserable and had enough. He is no longer suffering.

On May 30th at 11AM, there will be a memorial for him at Gibbs Park SW of
Heil and Graham in Huntington Beach.
Then on to his place at 5362 Old Pirate Lane.

Rex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

Bob,

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for posting.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

To far to be there but I am sorry for the loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

A life well lived. Wish I had known him longer.

Fair winds, Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 12:03 am:

A true friend of the hobby and hobbyists. R.I.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 12:04 am:

The occupation forces in the Netherlands surrendered to the Allies on May 5, 1945. That date has been celebrated ever since as Liberation Day. I think that May 5 this year was Liberation Day for Ralph as well. A damn shame he had to leave us so soon, but good that he is now free. I can't make the service, but will be thinking of him tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 01:20 am:

I have told Rex that I would be honored to be there, but the travel distance is just too great, so will be there in spirit, and will pause at 11 to remember a really great guy who was called early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 02:18 am:

Martin Vowell and I will be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 04:33 am:

I will remember Ralph as long as I am able. The world was a better place for him being here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Hey Dick: Liberation Day in the Netherlands and Cinco de Mayo in Mexico...same day !!! Boy, Ralph sure enjoyed his Mexico trips !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

Quite a few local and some distant Model T friends attended the memorial service today for Ralph. I took some pictures for those who could not attend:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

Very nice! Ralph would be justifiably proud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sacchi on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

I haven't been here in several years, and unfortunately this was the first post I saw when I tuned in.

Any exchange with Ralph was always guaranteed to be spirited and interesting.

I'm very sorry to hear of Ralph's passing; may he rest in peace.

Bob Sacchi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

Bill: Thanks for your pictures and considerations. Appreciated.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Thanks for the photos, Bill - Diane & I were thinking of him today - he was a good amigo !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Bill,
Thank you for the photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

Sorry I missed it. I would have liked to attend but found out about it too late. Ralph will be missed big time. Rest in peace. Glen Chaffin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 01:54 am:

It just occurred to me; who's gonna terrorize the freeway drivers down there with a Model T passing them at 70 mph now??
He was one in a million. We are all going to miss him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration