Old Chaffin's or Lang's catalog? Wonder if they still have any of these unsold NOS parts in back room???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Chaffin's or Lang's catalog? Wonder if they still have any of these unsold NOS parts in back room???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:19 am:

Very nice parts book pages,thanks for showing them. I would love to order at those prices today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:44 am:

I'd be happy to just have that price list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Those are great Constantine. I enjoyed seeing the "Mosler" plug ad. They are particularly nice plugs with their protective jacket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 09:38 am:

Constantine,

Great pages from an old catalog. I know Lang’s has some NOS items (see: https://www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/specials/ and within the last month they had many of the NOS items that were discussed on the thread at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/537190.html also listed for sale.) I believe many of the vendors have several NOS items that if you ask are for sale. But with a single item, they often will not put it on the website or in a catalog. And of course they also often have used parts, that if you ask they may have.

Again, thank you for posting the pages. More pages like that are always welcome.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:00 am:

I think Jay in No Cal has them all now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:03 am:

They might have them but I'll bet the prices listed in the ads are history!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Chaffin's still has many small NOS parts in stock but all of the NOS transmission parts are gone. I have a huge collection of NOS Model T parts in my museum. Everything from transmission drums, gears. Rear Axles and Axle Gears to a 16 Lobe NOS camshaft for the Model T V8. All are welcome to come by and visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 02:53 am:

Hello Glen,
Model T V8? Please explain?
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 07:18 am:

Rob, this might help you

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/260210.html?1352364356

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 07:52 am:

Thanks Chad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Love the brass honeycomb radiator. Wonder if they cool better than flat tube? Maybe BrassWorks can make these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

Rob. The Ford Dealer in San Bernardino manufactured a V8 engine for the Model T. It used a standard Model T crank so it had two narrow rods on each through. The camshaft had 16 lobes. The pistons were smaller in diameter so I am doughtful it had much more power than a Model T but it ran. I think they made about six engines before Ford shut them down with a threat of closing their dealership. I have heard that there are at least two examples left and Snyder's has one of them. I found the NOS V8 camshaft at an estate sale in San Bernardino. I believe there is an article in the Vintage Ford about the V8.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration