Good morning!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Good morning!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

Just wanted to introduce myself....my name is George, 66 years old, retired, and I started playing with Model T's back in 1971, thanks to a fellow co worker. I managed to acquire a frame, engine, axles and built them in to a running delivery wagon...later changed to a roadster by finding the body panels in a creek bed. That was many years ago and a divorce, job relocation and health issues put me out of the hobby in the early 80's.

Believe it or not, that first engine rebuild cost me $180, thanks to a sympathetic machinist and mentor.

Now I'm back.......with a frame, engine and axles again! The first task will be to disassemble the 1918 engine and see just what it needs, so I'll probably be posting a lot of "WTB" in the classified section, starting with a cylinder head.

I notice that nothing's really changed...well, maybe the prices of reproduction parts.....but the folks involved appear to be the same great group that I rubbed shoulders with so many years ago.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions and probably a LOT of questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

Welcome to the forum.
Ask away!
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

I am 65 and I built a speedster kind of car with what was given and purchased and traded for. I built it for fun and not for show. My suggestion is to get a T motor that has a starter on it. You can always block off the starter hole with a plate and later when you get old you can put a starter on without much trouble. I have a 1916 motor and it is hard for me to crank it. I built it in the 1990's and I never thought I would get old. I recently put an alternator on it externally. It would have been nice to have the generator set up to just put it where the generator goes on a starter generator engine. Welcome back to the T affliction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

George: Not that I am and expert in any way I live in Redding on just off the hiway you to get to Redding. If down our way look in the Redding Telephone book and stop by but call first. As I go to Cardio M-W-F mornings. I have a Depot Hack and a '19.
Welcome to the what ever you call it. I will send you a pm on your profile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Now, that's what I like.......inspiration!

Bill, I got your message via my regular email but I'm still learning the ropes of the website, so I'm not sure where to see PM's yet. I'll reply to you by email in a bit.

Thanks guys! George

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration