Firewall to Body attachment on the 1914 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Firewall to Body attachment on the 1914 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Did all 1914 Touring cars used the same "Body-to-firewall" metal bracket as seen here on my 1913 touring? (I'm not talking about the windshield bracket, but the metal the sticks out behind the inner door panel) I'm trying to figure out if any of the 1914 Tourings ever come WITHOUT the metal bracket, and just have the body panel simply arch around in a sharper radius to intersect with the wood firewall, and have the bolts go right the the body to attach the firewall? bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Anybody? ANYBODY??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

YES

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

BB1bb2
Mounting brackets on my 1914 Roadster, passenger and drivers side. Hope it helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Have seen other styles which have a reinforcing web in them. Not just flat bar, but a more fancy looking bracket. Possibly more of a 1913 thing then simplified for 1914? Anyway, James, all cars would of had some sort of upper body fixing between the dash and body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:58 am:

There were multiple body suppliers in 1913 - 1914. Each of the body suppliers had a somewhat different bracket for attachment of the firewall to the body. The holes were in exactly the same places. The brackets from some of the body makers was a folded steel piece that looked like this:

Other body suppliers used a simpler flat metal bracket, made from a thicker gage of steel like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 11:52 am:

All... Thanks for the feedback...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration