Be Proud!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Be Proud!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

I really want that on a T shirt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

My F350 Dually Crew Cab has 338,000 miles on it ...

She ain't the prettiest but I ain't the proudest.

I drive a Ford truck because it gets the job done.

I told a Ford dealer once:

" If you rely on your truck for your livelihood - sooner or later you are going to drive a Ford. "

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Jim, I like your sooner or later you are going to drive a Ford. I realize that no vehicle is perfect, but if you drive a Ford, you are as close as it gets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

270 thow on my f250 power stroke and it runs like the day it was born.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Such blanket statements only point up the arrogance or lack
of intelligence of the person proclaiming it. Even Ford has made
some real duds. I'd rather keep such thoughts to myself and let
the vehicle speak for itself. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

"Such blanket statements only point up the arrogance or lack of intelligence of the person proclaiming it."

Burger -- Those are people expressing their real-life experiences with their vehicles. Would you be more accepting of their views if they had referred to MoPars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:07 am:

I purchased my first 150 two years ago. I have 22,000 miles on it now, and it has been a good truck for me. I've pulled my T's to lots of tours with it, and it doesn't complain. The only thing that irritated me was Ford wouldn't let me buy a manual transmission, so this is the first automatic I've owned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:35 am:

22,000??? When are you going to finish breaking it in? Mine's got 215K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Burger -- Those are people expressing their real-life experiences with their vehicles.
Would you be more accepting of their views if they had referred to MoPars.

==============================================================

First of all, no. and I stated that in my post above. Would not matter if it were a
Packard or a Pontiac. It's just a nose-in-the-air, moronic thing to say. Which leads
to point number two. This is not a matter of fact. This is a matter of blind loyalty, of
"tribalistic" mentality. Join one group to the exclusion of all others. Kind of like our
current situation with radical Islam on a very small scale. My way or the highway ....
just not the healthiest way to get along in life. Not only a crock of BS - EVERYONE
made a crappy car or ten - but a surefire way to perpetuate the culture of animosity
in the old car scene.

Let's review:

The little diddy states: "Nobody is perfect". OK, ... true enough. The hang-up is
in the "but", ...... "but if you drive a Ford, you're pretty close"

What exactly is going on in this collection of words ?

What is the difference between the statement in question and stating "I have had
great experiences with my Ford vehicle/s and feel compelled to tell everyone I can
about it" ?

The difference is in the implication that those who do not drive a Ford are thereby
of a lesser status on the perfection scale. So, what REALLY is the point in making
such a statement ? To broadcast to all who might see that this person has had great
experience with Ford vehicles ? Or is it a poorly veiled taunt to all who do not share
in that viewpoint ?

Regardless, ... it's just an unnecessary thing to say. To lead by attraction, not
promotion. It's just a better way to go in so many ways. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TOM on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

TROLL!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Eatonville,Wa on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

Second class citizen here I guess, love my Model T but hard to beat my GMC Duramax for performance and reliability

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Burger,
You think car people are "bad" watch out for the Toy Train VS Model Railroading crowd! Some of us "Play with Toy Trains" but others, "OPERATE Model Railroads" (ie: "we aren't playing, we're SERIOUS modelers!") Hmm, personally I think both are having fun with stuff, and some of us aren't afraid to say they're just Toys.
Same thing with the cars, We're having fun here, don't confuse us with the facts!
OTOH, I really don't like hot rods-even though I can (sometimes) appreciate the creativity and engineering used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

R.V.- You've got to give Larry sometime to get some miles on his truck. One of the reasons he bought it was talking to me about all the miles I have put on my Ford trucks since my first one (1966 F-350, which I still have).

Larry- You could have gotten standard shift in a F-250. I have a standard shift in my V-10 (when the boy rides with me, he loves to hear me shift it). But your right, it's to bad you can't get one in the 150. I wonder if you can get a standard shift in a 2015 with all the engine choices they offer now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Burger, I find it ironic that you made a blanket statement about others making blanket statements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

These posts just get funner :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Booth on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

A guy makes a statement about a certain make of vehicle, and it is then linked with radical Islam?

Wow I think someone needs to take off the tin foil hat...

Just saying...back to the top O:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:59 am:

I enjoy nothing more than witnessing someone who is enthusiastic and
devoted to their interest/s.

Packards, Reos, Chandlers .... it doesn't matter. What matters is that
THEY are getting their jollies. When someone feels the need to piss on
people with other interests as their way to display their own interests, that
is when it goes bad. Seems a pretty simple matter of how we express our-
selves, .... a simple declaration of "I like vanilla" or something based in
confrontation like "Anyone who doesn't vanilla is a second class bumpkin".

Why is this a difficult concept for some to grasp ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 03:25 am:

" My way or the highway ....
just not the healthiest way to get along in life. "

Seriously Burger .... ?

You need to get off your soap box & lighten up ...

I suggest ... :-)

" Physician - Heal Thyself " .... :-)

Or ...

" Before attempting to correct others, make sure that you aren't guilty of the same faults. "

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 08:28 am:

I bought a brand new F150 last year and it has been nothing but problems. What will my next vehicle be? An F150. So far it has had a new transmission, grill, one new wheel, battery, USB plug in, more transmission work, seat cover reworked, and the tailgate squeaks like crazy. All has been covered under warrantee but I didn't buy a new truck for it to sit in the shop for over a month. That being said......

For sale: 2013 F-150, 25,000 miles. All original with no modifications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

Ned, which plant was your F150 built at? You would have to look at the sticker on the bottom right corner of the windshield. A small white sticker for the Kansas plant or a large green sticker for the Rouge in Dearborn Michigan. I heard the quality is better at The Rouge. More oversight and every Ford resource possible nearby? Perhaps haunted by Henry as well. Kansas does a lot of work type trucks and all the long box ones. More fancy stuff and special orders like mine are done at The Rouge. I haven't had any problems with my '14 so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

All interesting comments. A while back I saw a T shirt that I would really like to have when I go to an open car show. "FORD, Built without your tax Dollars". To me, that says a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 08:32 am:

Mine came from Kansas City. I really think it is the luck of the draw. My parents bought the same exact truck two days before I bought mine from the same dealer. Only difference is the color and I have a front bench seat and they have the center counsel. They have had no problems.

One thing to be leery of with these trucks off the lot is the tires they put on them. I have the chrome package and it comes with Goodyear Wrangler tires that have a pretty low weight rating, as in put any sort of load in the bed and those tires are overloaded. Just a heads up as I was surprised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Thanks Ned. I've also heard a few negatives about the Goodyear tires but then I never did like Goodyears. Mine has the Hankook tires. They wear like iron and are great with loads although I think the sidewalls seem thin and they will shred apart easily if you get a flat. I would buy them again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:03 am:

I don't plan on keeping this one long enough to need new tires but if I did I would be getting a set of BFGoodwrench Long Trails. My dad has an '09 F150 that came with those on it. Never rotated them as there was no adverse wear and they lasted just under 100,000 miles. They are somewhat expensive at about $1,000 a set but if they last that long I feel it is worth it. I believe they are 8 ply and don't flex side to side when towing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:09 am:

2003 Mercury Sable has 236,700. (Wife's car)
1927 Touring working to get back on the road (Wife's car)
1993 F150 only 39,500 (Son's car bought it from a farmer with 30,500 a year ago)
2010 F150 4x4 80,000 (My Truck)
2012 Focus (Daughter's car)

Yes we drive Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

OK I've read enough!

I have to admit that I am not perfect!

A few years ago I made a big mistake!

I thought I was wrong but wasn't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Larry: My new (2015) F 250SD has BI Transmission. It goes both ways, shift by hand or auto. Good truck so far, but not as good as the 99 7.3 next to it with 375k on it. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

Mine has a white sticker. That explains a lot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration