Lifts for model t

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lifts for model t
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

Will a two post lift work for model t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Yes very well if you fabricate some arms especially for the T as rick moore did. Maybe he will post some pictures. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

Hi, I hope he does as I have a new 2 post lift and want to put my T in the air. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Easy build and it fits my torpedo and the 26 pickup. I use the hoist arms and built the jig to fit in those holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

Whoops I meant the holes where the pads mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

I installed a four post lift because I didn't feel comfortable with extensions on the arms of a two post lift. I suppose my model T's would have been less concern but I also have a large car with the same problems (distance from the bottom of the running boards to the frame) and didn't feel I could use extensions and be safe. The only thing that a two post is better for is removing wheels. I don't have to do that much. Just my .02 cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:06 am:

A friend has a two post lift, he uses two long rectangle rails which sit on the hoist arms and pick up the front and back axles, they also have pieces which capture the T axles so they don't allow any movement when in contact with the axles.

Going length ways they avoid the running boards etc and all wheels can be removed if needed.

I think they would also make it easier to balance any T no matter how front or back heavy they may be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:31 am:

here is rick's set up. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:06 am:

Hey Rick, would it be possible to get a sketch of the plans for the lift fixtures shown in the photo above? I want to build some for my 2 post lift too!
Thanks,
Mike Garrett, Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:03 am:

I'm with R.S. I prefer the safety of 4 posts carrying the load rather than two, avoiding the risk of something going wrong with modifying the lift arms of a two poster, and on a two post, you better be darn well sure it's securely mounted to the floor! Getting under everything on a 4-poster isn't the issue people think it is. Jacking up to remove wheels is a synch too, and the wheel "runways" make for great workspace! Just sayin'. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Would be happy to. Been usmine on the torpedo and a 26 pickup and a 1919 Chevy 490. You do not need to modify the hoist or arms in any way. I climb up in my T's all the time wit it on the rack. I'm not sure I could even push it off the rack if I wanted to. Now I did bolt the hoist to the floor because I was afraid with it just glued down or super glued my diesel F250 may just tip it over. I don't know why Henry built these T's so heavy. Pm me a message and I'll email you the print. I would post it here but I'm afraid it might send someone over the edge. A 4 post just takes up to much space. If I want to pull the front end or wheels or rear axle it's a piece of cake. Took about an hour to build. Good luck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration