Engine removal 1914 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Engine removal 1914 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

1914 touring, do I need to loosen or take off body to remove engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Should not have to. Probably easier than later models since there is no generator or starter. I have not taken one out of a 14 though but there should be some others chime in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Just need to remove the windshield and firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:13 am:

To add to what Mike correctly said, the firewall, coil box, horn, and wiring come off as an assembly.

You simply:
1. Unbolt the steering bracket from the frame
2. Remove the timer from the engine without disconnecting any wires
3. Remove the drag link from the pitman arm
4. Unbolt the steering bracket from the frame
5. Disconnect the spark plug wires from the spark plug ends only
6. Disconnect the MAG wire from the magneto post only
7. Disconnect the horn bulb from the body
8. Disconnect the speedometer cable from the speedometer only
9. Remove the windshield
10. Unbolt the firewall and lift it out with everything still attached

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Royce, thank you for your post; I've been considering doing this to my '14 as well.

Numbers 1 and 4 are the same. Is this duplication, or did you mean an additional step not listed?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

Bill,

I missed eliminating the redundant step as I edited the post. You only have to do it once!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Be careful removing the radiator too!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration