Ralph's Memorial

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ralph's Memorial
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

Martin Vowell joined me as we drove down to honor Ralph. I think we were the longest travelers. Took us 2 hrs, Ralph was worth it. Bless his heart. Martin was in period dress.

Well represented

Mom and son driving back home.

Lot of good stories shared

We are going to miss you Ralph ! God speed friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

A special tribute for a very special guy. Thank you for posting the pictures. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ralph and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

George, can you provide some captions or explanations of who is who in the pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 01:44 am:

#1 Martin Vowell and his '22
#3 Fast Frank Harris
#4 Humble Howard Gingrich
#6 One of Ralph's sons
#10 Howard and Frank. Bill Harris was there also but I missed the photo op.
#11 Mike Solanari (I think I butchered his name)Behind Jim was the gentleman with the 2 (?) time winner of Montana 500.
#12 Fantastic portrait on Ralph D. Ricks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 02:44 am:

Yes, it was a good day a little on the cool side before noon then warmed up nicely. Lots of nice folks to talk and remembrances to hear. Lots of stories and remembrances from Fast Frank, Mike Solanari and Humble Howard, along with some sagely advice from Howard if I ever want to rebuild my engine again...we'll see. :-)

You know George, I never did find that blasted side light bezel that rattled off my car on the way to your house, even though I thoroughly scanned Old Sepulveda on my way back, oh well, I think this makes number 4 I've managed to lose.:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 02:49 am:

George, I thought you go more pictures than this of the cars...didn't you get one of that Montana 500 winner? I've never seen a Model T with that many gauges in it, must be measuring everything from tire pressure to oil temp. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 07:52 am:

Thanks, George.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Thanks for posting, George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Picture #2 is Bailey Rettig, front and center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Rip Ralph.
Fitz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stefan Schaller on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Thanks for the photos George we will keep Ralph in good memory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Mike Solanari is that guy's Witness Protection Program name. I hear his real name is Mike Spaziano.

The man standing behind him in photo #11 is not the Montana 500 winner. That person is Garrett Green. That is not Garrett Green.

Farewell R.D. You were definitely one of the good ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Sorry Mike, I was pretty sure your name wasn't Solanari...I think George got it confused with Mozart's nemesis Salieri, I knew the first 4 letters were wrong as he spelt it, but I couldn't remember the spelling quite correctly either and I sure as hell didn't want to leave it hanging with the first 4 letters... It was good talking with you Mike, hopefully I'll see you again at the LB swapmeet (hopefully nothing will fall off my car, then). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

I thought of Garret all day today, just remembered but Mike beat me to it.

Anybody have a spare bezel to donate to Martin ??

Mike I just knew I was going to butcher your last name but I had to give you an honorable mention one way or the other.

Mart, I had a number of photos but Bill Harris posted a few like mine so I kept mine RDRicks oriented

Mart, think you need to use a bent coat hanger next time you mount a bezel or use a long screw/Nut but be sure the Phillips head is prominently displayed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 04:17 am:

Jabbing again at Steve Jelf are you???

Even I wont put them anyplace where they'd show.:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration