Help with a pan anvil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Help with a pan anvil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:20 am:

I have a pan anvil that I would like to get finished to work exactly as it should. The one last piece I need is the flat that goes under the anvil to check and align the rear mount arms. I can build the part but don't have the exact measurement of the bolt holes between the frame rails. Anyone here have a factory print of the frame or pan that shows this dimension? I can measure the frames and pans I have here but don't trust them to be correct. Even someone that has an original anvil that would measure the distance would be a great help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:05 am:

James

The best source is the blueprint of the crankcase purchased from the Benson Ford library. Or this post mentioned to use a known straight pan to get the dimensions. That may be faster, have a pan checked out on a KRW jig, then use that as the jig checker!

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/168788.html?1288847416

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

Dan, what I call a pan anvil is actually a KR wilson pan jig. If you or anyone can get me the dimensions for the mounts I would appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

I sent you a pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

I don't have any idea how to retreve a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

PMs show up in your email, either your inbox or your spam folder.

If you find the PM, do not just hit "reply" on your email program! Scroll down in the PM and there will be instructions on how to reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

The bolt holes in the frame for the rear motor mounts should be 21.5" centre to centre.

http://www.wescottsauto.com/WebCatalog/Tech/FrameDiagram1926-27.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 02:39 am:

And according to the Ford drawings John Regan used for his 1909-13 frame drawing: http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/FPIframe.pdf ,
the bolt holes for the rear motor mounts are 30-23/32" from the front edge of the frame.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration