26 coupe floorboard brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 coupe floorboard brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

Hello my name is greg and I'm new to this site so please bare with my slow responses or lack of this sites lingo or short terminology I just picked up (cheap) a 26/7 ? Coupe. I have a very strong 22 touring car and know nothing about 26/7 coupes. My main question is... WHAT THE H#LL HOLDS THE FRONT FLOORBOARDS IN??? I'm trying to upload pics. If anyone has pics of the front floorboards removed so I can see what holds them in place It would be appreciated. I found at macs front floorboard brackets for touring cars only. UUGGGHHHH!
Thanks for any and or all future help
greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

There is a simple, flat piece of steel (4) that is riveted (?) to the risers that you twist over to retain the boards - that was an improvement as the earlier cars had no such provision.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

The boards are notched on the edges to fit to one another.

The upper set are held with two 'clips' that rotate from the holding rivet and swivel to lock or release.

Note the clip on the metal riser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

See this older thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/383935.html?1377601830

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

Wow mine doesn't look like that. Lol.
I do not have that bracket on either side hmmmm!
So that whole angled bracket is a separate piece for both sides?
I tried to fit my new boards in and without these brackets you can imagine the look I had on my face!
Thanks so much for the help. I'm sure joining here was a good idea. I hope sometime I'm able to help someone else
Thanks again
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

Dan t and mark s. Pics were a biography help.
Tks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Auto correct. I meant big help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Can I buy these anywhere?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Greg, The angled braces that hold the floorboards on each end, occasionally come up for sale on this site's classifieds or on Ebay. I do not know if they are reproduced. If you are missing the angled brackets, or even just the floorboard hold down brackets riveted to them; they should not be impossible to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Thanks Dan - I couldn't remember if there was 2 or 4 clips - I don't have a '26 - '27 in the stable !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

Greg:

Perhaps the early production vehicles did not have the clips. Do you know if your vehicle was built in calendar year 1925?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Thanks for all answers.
Arnie , I'm not sure there is no numbers on the motor at all by water inlet. I guess the motor is a much later year. I'm heard t motors were made into the forties. Are their any other numbers on this body or frame?

When I put the boards in they just flop on the tranny and are very loose.
I'll be taking pictures today when I get to shop, my wife thinks she can upload them
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

If you have the triangular end braces, make sure you have the right floorboards. If you bought them from a vendor, they could be mismarked, or they could have sent the wrong year set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

26 floorboard bracketsMy 22 in my box truck
Here are the pics inside my 26? Coupe
Also my 22 in route to new shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Greg

Your body is missing the left and right risers, so you will have to find those parts.

And the steering column is '25 or earlier, your body needs the square base '26'27 steering column.

You may have a serial # stamped in the top frame rail, just ahead of the running board brace strap bracket riveted to the top of the frame. Ford began stamping frames for the Improved Car in Dec 1925. Look close, usually under rust or paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

Dan I'll check it out.
I bought a semi restored reliable 26 chassis for the coupe body. Going to get it next Sunday. I'm going to keep this chassis and try to build the speedster I always wanted. I'll call it FRANKENTEE
thanks for the help with risers and numbers
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Here are some pictures of the risers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Hey john thanks for the very helpful pics. I appreciate it
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Greg; I had some of the 26 floor board risers. I will try and remember tomorrow to look and see if I still have some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:04 am:

Hi Dave. Thanks for response.
If you do have them and are willing to sell let me know how much and pm your address to send payment however you wish or you can always call
267-809-1391
Tks greg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration