Ok, this is starting to drive me crazy...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ok, this is starting to drive me crazy...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

My car is a 1927 roadster. I put on a TW Timer, the timer is wired number 1 black 2 red 3 blue 4 green. The wires from the coil box when facing the engine looking towards the steering wheel are number 1 black 2 red 3 blue 4 green. Is this correct? The car still runs very rough, missing and back firing . Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

It's 1-2-4-3 not 1-2-3-4 at the timer. The coil box can be wired 1234 as long as 3-4 go the correct spark plugs but it's best to wire 1243 at the coil box to, easier to remember which terminal the spark plug wire goes to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Mark,
Thank you for your advise, I will again check out the wiring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:28 am:

Too late to edit my reply just do it the way Mark S. shows.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration