Auburn Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Auburn Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Hi All, I just got back from Auburn. This is my 5 time and I will go every chance I get. A small meet but lots of T and A parts. A great bunch of folks that put this event on. Gates open at 5am. It was a bit on the dark side for a few minutes. Coffee and donuts were ready when they opened and all the Gals were a joy to do business with.
I didnt bring home as many goodies this year as in the past but I need to get out once in a while. Got to meet Jay this year so the event was a win win for me.
Thanks to all that made this happen, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

It was an outstanding swap meet--except for one change; Thanks to the county health folks, NO Lemon Meringue nor Rhubarb pie this year--had to settle for Blackberry. . .
Had a great visit with Jay, saw Terry Horlick (razzed him about his gyro copter which is now legal to fly--and Terry ALMOST is! I told him it was nice knowing him. . . . :-) ) and of course Erik and his Dad (and yes, I even bought some parts for them), and Phil Lawrence(who mostly lurks here, but is another great T guy).
I ALMOST got my brake rod--if I had looked closer in the swapper's truck when he was unloading, I would have had it, but someone else has it. Phil may have one in his home stash, we're communicatin' on it.
BUT, Lloyd and I took home a few things (and Linda did too) got some train books, some rear axle pieces (don't yet know if they're any good), a locking steering wheel accessory (that will take some time to figure out) on a '26/7 steering column, but the column is twisted and bent), let's see, oh two spark plugs (an X and something else) a very nice demountable wheel rim with dents, but nearly NO rust for $5, a very nice late front spring, an A kingpin set for $1!!!, a wiper for Barney that looks right ( Terry got one for Rusty too), and what's likely the find for me, a nice '16 Dodge Brothers front axle with spindles ($15!). Mine has some, um, non-factory bends in it, so this will make that part easy!
Great time as usual, weather was nearly perfect. Also some some nice speedsters there, and a great project for someone, an A Cabriolet (30 straight w/s)
I'm probably forgetting something, but I hope others will post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

I enjoyed meeting you to Scott!

David, I guess the County Health people think pie are square if it's lemon meringue or Rhubarb, but WE all know it's round.:-) It was pleasure chatting with you and your lovely wife. Glad you were able to score some goodies at the meet.

LOTS of model T & A stuff to be had and lots of vendors selling under 1960's stuff. It reminded me of what you'd see at swap meets 20 or better years ago years.

I was totally surprised at how many people I meet that follow the forum! It was a pleasure to meet you all!

I'll post photos from the swap tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Barney on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

The Auburn swap meet was a first for myself and the wife. Had a great time, met a lot of great folks, and bought a few small items for my '23 Roadster.Good location although a bit warmer(94 deg.)than we are used to coming from South Lake Tahoe. We had a fun, saw some nice cars and had some fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

This was my first time at the auburn meet. Small but real good! I will definitely go back next year. Got to spend time with some old friends, bought some stuff from Jay and some nice parts from a few others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 01:17 am:

I should have mentioned that the health folks think that Lemon pie must be refrigerated, and apparently Rhubarb too. Providing the refrigeration was too difficult for the group--RATS!!!
Jay, can't wait for the photos!
Oh, just found the late top hold-down bracket I also got--amazing what you find in the bottom of the bag! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:22 am:

Having heard great reports about Auburn over the years I had great expectations...for finding T and TT parts. I think I was disappointed. Too much late model junk...starting to feel like other swaps (Pleasanton, Turlock). But I did meet some interesting people visiting my space and I sold lots of T stuff...and a DB front axle?
Was really looking for TT stuff and never did find Erik. But wasn't spending a lot of time looking. Think I will return next year. Hoping for Bakersfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:35 am:

Dave,

I guess that would explain why there was blackberry goop in my FAX machine yesterday rather then lemon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:42 am:

John, I have the parts list you sent. I can bring stuff your way in a couple of weeks. Send me a note. Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

John,
Sorry you were a little disappointed. There were fewer sellers this year than I remember from past years, but still in proportion to the sellers, MUCH more early stuff than at any other CA meet--especially Turlock! And free--did I mention, FREE--parking AND admission! BTW, Erik was everywhere about two rows due east of your space--but check his message to you in this thread, think your parts problems are solved!
I bought the DB front axle--it's correct for my car and we've already taken it apart--one king pin came out in three pieces!!the other one looks almost new! (what would break an 11/16" pin in the middle of a spindle?). My friend Lloyd spotted it, I wasn't even looking! Checked the axle under my car, and yep, it's got a zig-zag bend in it (thought it might, because my tie rod looks like a pretzel), so very happy to have found that one!
Dennis,
Sorry about that, still cleaning up my sending machine here! It was pretty good, but not lemon nor rhubarb. . .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration