Rolf Iowa-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rolf Iowa-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Interesting that the writing on the front of the street car is backwards.
I see that now on Ambulances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

I noticed that too. The streetcar looks like it was doctored into the photo and from a flip flopped negative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

There were a lot of postcards of small towns published during that era that include a streetcar pasted in the photo when a street car system never actually existed.

The population of Rolfe, Iowa was 954 in 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

I noticed the rails for the street car are not noticeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Also, the wires that power the streetcar appear to be drawn with a pencil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:51 am:

So the street car was wishful thinking.
Did they have a Community Development Director back then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:58 am:

I wonder what was in that direction that they are all looking at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:07 am:

A man with a camera? ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 08:50 am:

Here's another shot of that street. No tracks, no wires, no cars, and only two people. Most of the cars in the street car photo look pasted in as does the drug store sign. Looks like an attempt to draw people to a dead town or to sell more post cards or both. Erik made a good point about the low population.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration