Photos From Yesterday's Auburn Ca. 2015 Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Photos From Yesterday's Auburn Ca. 2015 Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Thanks for the pictures :-) Looks like T heaven to me who is used to swap meets with only a inlet manifold or a rotten wheel fitting a T to find at the most..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:06 am:

There are the must scary pictures I've seen! Count the people under 50

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Are you somehow implying that 50 is old??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:52 am:

This 27 Coupe was being offered for $4300. it has a large drum ruckstell, with double hassler shocks up front and it runs. It needs work but I thought it was a great deal for someone looking for a project. The last I know is that it's still for sale. That's a 530 telephone ares code for anyone interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:54 am:

Generally the same trend here in IL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 10:59 am:

As a new member, I found out about the swap meet too late to attend. Pity.....I'll bet my missing cylinder head is in that pile somewhere!

Ah, well, next time.............:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:23 am:

At the Oregon swap meets we get a few of the guys that haul in a trailer full to the brim with stuff, never unload so really can't see what in them. Next year they come back with the same trailer and same stuff. :-) Was the car on the trailer between the TT and Model A coupe a Singer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:34 am:

I never got away from my spots long enough to see the whole thing. Would like to have checked out the T with transverse engine. Front wheel drive maybe? Anyway, we sent a bunch of T folks home happy, I think. Sold the stuff cheap enough. Sure would like to get my friend's coupe and speedster off my trailer. Free delivery offered within 100 miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:42 am:

WOW, Good meet and good price on that 26-27 coupe. Meet may or may not be as big as Chickasha, but if the RETAIL buyers are there, a small meet is better than a large one. The best meets that I have ever been to as a buyer or seller were the original Pate meets, Hershey, and the Carlisle meets back in the seventies and eighties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Anyone that wants to be notified about next years meet, send me a pm with you email and we will send out notices of the dates as soon as we get confirmation from the Fair Board.. Generally we are now shooting for the first Sunday after Memorial Day, so some times it will be end of May sometimes first weekend in June.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Thanks Jay,.....beautiful set of photos of what looks like a great swap meet! Almost feel like I was there! Boy! That sure looks like a solid coupe for that kind of money! Thanx again,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

I never saw a for sale sign on the coupe. I did leave early but was there Sat evening and Sunday at 5am till around 9. Looked it over twice but there was not any info on the car.
And a lot of stuff was still covered till 7-8. Why bring stuff to sell and keep it a secret?
I liked the meet and will be back next year again. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

Did the Gemsa head sell? $3200 seems reasonable. Wish I were there to drool over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Wonderful pictures, Jay. Thank you for posting them.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

looks like I missed a good one! By the way, my daughter and 2 of my sons are over 50, so, I consider that a young age!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

The Gemsa is available. It was made for Clem Sala and last ran at Long Beach in 1971 where it had a sticky valve. I put in new valves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

MAN!!
Never been to a meet yet. I'd be a kid in a candy shop if that's what their like.
I'll have to tell my wife I'm headed to work so I can sneak my box truck off the lot.

Anything coming up in the Philadelphia area or north east coast even?
Tks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Any contact information for photo #6---the white van?

The '26 coupe is a real steal, the GEMSA head is also a bargain as crappy Fronty's and RAJO's can almost bring that much.

Thanks for the post...if I would have been there I would have left broke. Probably would have bought the weed eater and several milk crates, maybe done a deal for the trailer that looked like a roof with no shingles.

You West coast guys have all the good stuff.

Tim Moore

Who is photo #6?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Thanks for the photos Jay. Looks like a good swap meet. I need a good swap meet fix. Have not been to anything since Chickasha. Petitt Jean Swap Meet in Morrilton Arkansas is coming up June 16-20. Maybe I can make it till then . :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:41 am:

All those late T wire wheels......sigh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 01:43 am:

Tim,
White van photo #6 is Mike Penserini. You guys should talk. He has a forum profile with option to send PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Thanks Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

Tim, I know what your thinking. The windshield frame is Morton and Brett, not Mercury.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

you're

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks Mike, that was exactly what I was thinking but it looked wide. My Mercury is 1921 and should be the one piece windshield but I have the later 3 piece.

That is funny right there that you knew what my question was going to be!

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

That brass #70 green speedster sure is neat looking. Does anyone remember how much they were asking for it or any other details? Looks like a great swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:06 am:

That last pic, of the trailer of rust, that's my friend Lloyd looking at the camera, and I'm on the left, holding a brake rod and looking in the bed.
Takes a while for all the pics to load when you're on dial-up!!
I'm thinking that $2 steering column might be a great buy, as it's a '26-27, so probably has 5 to 1 gears in it!! Cooool. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:19 am:

David, That brake rod kinda looks like a fishing rod that your angling for parts with:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Well, I was "Fishing around" for a good deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

The question is, David, did you "catch" the forged-end brake rod you needed???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Wayne, we all missed seeing you at the swap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

Any know who had hat side drive mag on the table next to the carriage lamps not shure witch number the pic is looks like some great deals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

The gear-driven side drive magneto on a table is with Phil Lawrence. I have known him since 1970 I think. (Oh my God! That's 45 years!) He took his first driver's license test drive in his 1914 model T touring he had when he was in high school. A true life-long antique car guy!
Send me a PM if you would like me to call him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 01:54 am:

Wayne,
Maybe, Phil's going to check his stash. So MAYBE!
And yes, we missed seeing you there!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 02:06 am:

I missed seeing me there too! Some family obligations got in the way.
Must be at least a dozen people I missed seeing. Hopefully, next year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration